• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Om.

Aha! It did 3 this time.

And here's a feckwhit who doesn't know why Rover invented the Safety Bicycle:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-vin...165349446.html

Cretin.

Only slightly lucky to be alive.

Riding a penny farthing on grass.

Should be locked up for his own safety.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/bicycle-history/2
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2022, 23:24.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I think I'm rather enjoying Treadstone.
        I think I watched an episode or two thereof and then got sidetracked. I should probably revisit it

Meanwhile, here; TV dinner was the final Warship thing, wherein (spoiler alert) they all get Covid and the frigate that has just been warding off nosey Russian battleships has to return to port ASAP in case everybody is incapacitated; a useful reminder that pandemics can have wider implications than not being able to go to the pub

Then things get even more complicated in Only Murders in the Building S1E6, To Protect and Serve (TV Episode 2021). But I'm sure it'll turn out OK

And then I rewatched Code of a Killer (TV Mini Series 2015) which is another of those ITV true crime things that is so good it won't let me stop watching; though it's also set three miles down the road and on the university campus, which draws me in even more. Anyway, it's extremely good, and it's a good thing that Colin Pitchfork got recalled to prison recently once the strange decision to release him on probation was proved to be the mistake everybody round here said it was

But those trees on that specific path across the park had only been planted in 1981 so weren't full-grown in 1984, and there were no undergraduates (well, none to speak of, and certainly not organising demos) on campus in September 1984 because the university year starts in October

And nobody in their right mind would organise a demo on that rather bleak bit of paving between Physics and the steps down to the Adrian Building where the Biology people lurk; though they do make good use of those steps for dramatic purposes

Anyway, enough of that! It's great even if you know those minutiae about the Uni campus, and available with ads on that ITV streaming app if you don't want to pay for it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Big moon overnight, and what clouds there were earlier have blown through. A few branches down on the lane, but nothing major.

Comment

Impressive full moon observed through the rapidly moving clouds last night.

Morning.

Dry.

Calm

Blue sky in parts.

Almost sunny.

No good shall come of this.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi. 68% RH.

12.8 deg in here.

Thursday apparently.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine once the grey gloom had fecked off.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"Entertainment": TWAO.

1010 mBar at 13:00.

Man prosecuted for low flying Golf:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/andrew-vow...104208556.html

He, of course, was flying in the stratosphere.

Apple & pear tree pruned massacred.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (very nice), peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Maximillian Schell.

Quantum Leap S5 E3 "Leaping of the Shrew".

Bab5 S4 E11 "Lines of Communication"

Trucking Hell (probably without Rory). Good news! Rory's on next week!

Bab5 S4 E12 "Conflicts of innerest".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2022, 22:02.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 0) with sunshine and showers forecast.

Looks like the storm passed without incident.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 0) with sunshine and showers forecast.

Looks like the storm passed without incident.
                If you're up in Weegieland, tomorrow's storm is expected to bring a bit of snow.

Comment

We had a flurry of something that was hail/sleet like but it was short lived and now it's quite bright out.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out and still a bit windy. The weather app speaks of drizzle, but it doesn't seem to be happening in the actual world outside the windows. Quite mild at 10°C, and the barometers have rebounded a bit to 1000/1008mB

Comment

Turkey soup and multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X