• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and the bed has been stripped with the first load in the WM. That will end up festering in the WM until we get back.

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch

And I had some wholemeal toast earlier, so it's quite a toasty day, all in all

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh and the bed has been stripped with the first load in the WM. That will end up festering in the WM until we get back.
      Bed has also been stripped here and left to air, though nothing's in the wash as yet.

Comment

Many things purchased of Korean (and other Asian) origin.

First load of bed linen has been hung out and the second is in the WM.

I will do the mattress cover one day in the week.

Comment

Tea has been a roast turkey thigh dinner, using one of the spare thighs I finished up with at Christmas and froze. Extremely nice

There's been a band of showers moving through since late afternoon, some quite heavy, but they seem to have gone now and it's a clear night. Cooling down rapidly as a result though. I'd better get the bed made so it has a chance to warm up before I need it

Comment

Gardening aches and pains lingered today, but a bit of fossil hunting on the beach helped.
            Also managed to complete the construction of the first guitar hangar. Can’t decide how to finish it yet. Yacht varnish , polyx, wax or leave the oak staves untreated so they leach their whiskey into my office.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly tonight started with Inside the Factory during and after dinner on the subject of Doritos, aka tortilla chips made to a traditional Mexican industrial process

And that was followed by S1E1 of The Responder, in which Martin Freeman adopts a Liverpudlian accent as a bobby with problems. It also features Rita Tushingham as his elderly mother. Her brother ran one of the family's grocers shops on the junction at the end of our road when I was a kid in Hunts Cross, Liverpool, and my Great Uncle George was a gardener at the school she went to. Anyway, all very gritty stuff, as you might expect of a drama involving Liverpool police and druggies

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Clear blue skies, 1oC, a lovely morning walk.
                The fallout from the failed go-live at the weekend is happening, and it's very clear there are two different camps:
                1. Who can we blame?
                2. How can we get it resolved?

The "How can we get it resolved" group have been working off and on over the weekend, and sending out updates. The "Who can we blame" group turned up this morning and have started firing off blame-mails to the world and his wife, before reading the others. It's not making them look good.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rita Tushingham, A Taste of Honey, feck me, that was a while ago.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Hints of sun.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg.

1025.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, 65% (about, the pointer is in the way) RH.

Monday.

Telex machine as bright as a bright thing.

Things observed through the back bedroom window whilst not locked & loaded:

Recumbent bicycle complete with rider (or sitter) in a fluorescent banana suit cycling along the canal tow path towards town.

Gricer, was that you?

Just askin' like.

The Horror! Oh The Horror!

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom of the drizzle.

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average 84%.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (with the chilli powder added) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. Particularly irritated by some mouthy twat advocating the abolition of the GCSE.

Bab5 S3 E10 "Severed Dreams": Martial law on Earth, Mars bombed, Bab5 attacked.

Bab5 S3 E11"Ceremonies of Light & Dark":

Entertainment (continued): cleaning a brand new (bought 30th May 2009 ) dvd that skips like a fecking kangaroo: we'll see how effective the toothpaste treatment has proved, the bit I just played seemed reasonably successful.

Tea: meatballs in chilli sauce (mild) with added pepper and chilli (hot), plus rice'n peas, the last of the pears, a yog (the one that ended up upside down (though undamaged) on the floor judging by the contents), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Richard Widmark.

Quantum Leap S4 E17 "Roberto!": the tv talk show host one.

Bab5 S3 E12 "Sic Transit Vir" wherein Vir buys a Transit van.

Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E20 "Fire in the Hole": what have they found: mud, more mud, muddy mud, stone, wood, muddy wood.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/c...tulip_se09ep13/

In other news, Gary put his Big One on the metal detector & found, you guessed it, an ox shoe, apparently 16th century according to that mad blacksmith chap, it's a Scottish ox shoe apparently, there being traces of porridge, haggis, and whisky.

Gosh. They found some ceramics.

NCIS S18 E6 "1mm": apparently someone who was shot in the leg by Gibbs avoided death by 1mm.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2022, 23:48.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky this morning. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 11 later with cloud cover increasing as the day progresses but no rain expected. Barometer is back up to 1027 mBar.

The bed was made well before sleepy time last night, which made a nice change to normal.

Much replanning of our data migration as it's all taking longer than TPTB want to allow.

Comment

Morning denizens

Terrible night's sleep. Couldn't get to sleep for ages, then kept getting woken by perturbing dreams. I blame this on the fact that the bed was too warm, which seems to be even worse for my sleep than it being too cold. I shouldn't bother heating it up when (as I noticed when going to bed) it's already 20°C in the bedroom anyway, and therefore quite warm enough to be going on with. Once things cooled down (which took ages because of all the mechanisms in place to stop that happening), I slept perfectly well

It seems a bit on the grey side out there, currently 7° and no better than 9° expected in daylight, but then reaching 11° later this evening. Barometers have jumped back up to 1017/1025mB

Comment

Working...
                      X