• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

3.5oC when we went out for our walk earlier, 2.7oC when we got back in. Overcast but dry out
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and duller than yesterday. Currently 3 degrees and that's it for the day. Barometer still at 1033 mBar.

Tired this morning. Woke shortly before 5am and never really got back to sleep other than some dozing. Felt all sniffy and snotty.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Colder at 12.7 deg in here.

1032 mBar, 30.47 in Hg, 774 Torr, 14.97 psi, 62% RH.

Tuesday.

Entertainment: Room 5: Serena: Patau Syndrome.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, during which I met the step grandson of the lady who owned this house before I bought it off her.

Cold out there and very grey.

Well there's a thing: the IMSAI 88-HDSK manual.

https://deramp.com/downloads/altair/...sk/88-HDSK.pdf

Ain't the innerwebnet thing wunnerful?

Looks like a dual floppy system was about $1200 in 1980ish, so that HD version must have been eyewateringly expensive.

Ah. Dear dead days beyond recall typing in hex from a magazine only to find it doesn't fecking work.

https://altairclone.com/downloads/co...1977_03_06.pdf

Lunch: Pukka(tm) steak & kidney pie, Heinz baked beans, a yellow yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (apart from 5440 HD drives): TWAO wherein Bozo Bunter the fat owl of the remove kicks the can down the road a bit with assistance from the Met. Well wot a surprise.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM: more about the fat owl of the remove.

Discovering Orson Welles.

Quantum Leap (monkey free this evening) S4 E8 "Dreams". The one with the plod Lt with baaaad dreams.

NCIS LA s11 E17 "Watch over me".

The Rookie S1 E17 "The shakeup": earthquake.

Car SOS S9 E4 "VW Wizard" whatever the feck that is. It's a beach buggy of sorts.

This owner isn't dying of oesophageal cancer unlike the Fiat X1/9 chap last week, instead he had acid thrown in his face when he answered his front door in a case of mistaken identity.

Bab5 S1 E10 "Believers".

Draining the oceans: Cold War nukes under the sea.

USS Independence. Scuttled off California after the Bikini tests.

Lost H bomb off Spain: the B52 Palomares unfortunate occurrence: the one that got away. But only for two and a half months.

USS Thresher: I vaguely remember the fuss at the time: went down past its crush depth. Nuclear powered hunter killer.

K129: Glomar Explorer.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 January 2022, 23:50.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey and chilly, if dry, day

Currently 2°C, might get to 3° later if we're lucky, and the barometers remain unchanged at 1026/1034mB

Had a poor night's sleep overall. I couldn't actually get to sleep at all for ages, though I have no idea why not. Finally dropped off around 4am and slept absolutely fine after that, but it's insufficient

Comment

Yesterday
            Breakfast - stir fry (I had some veg & bacon that were on the edge)
            Lunch - Mr V's Brocoli & stilton soup with a toasted tortilla.
            Dinner - Gammon steaks (with pineapple rings of course) roast sweet & plain Potatoes.

Today
            Breakfast - Ham salad with sweet mango and chilli sauce.

Ents last night binge on Blacklist S3 - total hokum but entertaining.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch: Chinese leftovers; very tasty

Comment

Lunch was pasta and pesto.

Decided to do a covid test in case my cold-like symptoms are not a cold. Negative!

Sticking the stick up my nose did result in much sneezing, more than usual.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Only about 1°C out, so the woolly hat was deployed in addition to a nice scarf my sister gave me for Christmas

Comment

I finished work early enough that I could have some dinner before heading out for my night class. On my return I have had a mince pie.

Still very snotty.

Comment

Tea: sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas; very nice

And a couple of portions left for the freezer

Comment

Working...
                      X