• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky cleared earlier, but there are a few clouds appearing to the north
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh, just noticed

Comment

Nice one coming up...

Comment

Mod PALI!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Sunny now, but there was a nasty bitter breeze in my face at the start. I think I'd prefer it coming from the other direction so it's in my face at the end, when I've warmed up

Comment

Sounds like my Dad might need a pacemaker. Turns out they're pretty straightforward to install these days - local anaesthetic, and often home the same day

Comment

Walk and cafe with loony lady 1. She was late as usual. Dunno which is worse, hanging around for 20 minutes waiting for her or still being in the shower when loony lady 2 turns up way early.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Went on a long walk to a supermarket.

Someone mentioned the moon on the way back so everyone on the bloody road was staring at it.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: the last of the brisket-and-Hobgoblin-ale pot roast, with chips and peas

Comment

My Dad is home from the hospital

Turns out what they thought was a slow heartbeat is more complicated than that. At the GP's they reckoned it was about 32, and at home on the blood pressure thingy it thought the same, and in triage at A&E the same, which at least got him fast-tracked to Majors. But in there, it was around the mid-60s

The explanation the consultant gave is that alternate beats of his heart are for some reason rather drawn out, so rather than "ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum" it's more like "ba-dum, baaaaa-dum, ba-dum". That drawn-out beat runs into the next one, so on lesser equipment they're only detected as one beat and it shows 32bpm. The more sophisticated equipment found somewhere like Majors can tell what's going on and, correctly, shows 64bpm

So although there's clearly something that could do with being examined more closely, it's not necessarily as urgent as a 32bpm heart rate would be. They'll attach one of those 24-hour monitors to him, but there was no point keeping him in hospital for that because: they've got a long wait for beds; the 24-hour monitors for outpatients are if anything being dealt with more quickly than for inpatients; and he's got less chance of catching Covid at home

Comment

Working...
                      X