• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          Very nice too

There seemed to be a fair amount of wok-clattering, so I'm going to guess they were reasonably busy

Comment

Got to say ours was as well - it’s the only 1 in town that doesn’t do delivery - it’s turn up and collect

was busy had to wait 20 minutes as ther was a £135 order in front of me
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

After a day partly pruning one apple tree, then sharpening the 2 chainsaws I’d used, my body has decide to cease up. The Raynauds wasn’t too bad this afternoon but slowed me in the morning. Now TFBSZ. Going to attack another apple tree tomorrow with help from a neighbour as we need to guide the limbs down avoiding the greenhouse.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004), being the second film of that ilk, picking up where the first left off. I thought it was jolly good as these things go

Early night (by my usual Saturday standards) now, as I'd like to get some stuff done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Misty.

Chilly at 12.8 deg in here.

1024.5 mBar, 30.25 in Hg, 768.44 Torr, 14.86 psi, 63% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the misty grey.

Forgot about the poor old dog needing rescue after getting itself stuck in brambles & bracken 15 feet down the cwm in what used to be the forestry down from the res. The chap rescuing it fell over during the attempt & for a while wondered if he was going to need rescuing too. All ended well. Dog is 13.

Lunch: Mr Brains' faggots with peas etc., a couple of yog, one being a red corner, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Rather curiously, my dreams before finally waking seemed to involve the Dutton Phaeces car of immortal memory and a discussion of why I have yet to read a Larry Niven tome entitled "The Smoke Ring" which I bought nigh on 30 years ago & have never read.

That saying, there's a shedload of books in here that I've owned for decades that have never been read.

Some of the university texts met the Oxfam bookshop in Swansea after sitting unloved on various bookshelves for nigh on half a century.

Once the plague finally passes* there's a pile of books I've read since my retirement that will meet the same fate.

*I think I've pencilled in 2036 for this by which time I'll be so fecked that I won't be able to carry said books.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5) running average 84%.

Tea: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yog, a bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Roswell S3 E9 "Samuel Rising": the autistic boy ep.

Roswell S3 E10 "A tale of two parties": Happy new year 2002, how we do miss you.

Roswell S3 E11 "I married an alien": the "Bewitched" ep.

Roswell S3 E12 "Ch - ch - changes": side effects of alien healing.

Vera S? E4 "As the crow flies".

Roswell S3 E13 "Panacea": tulip happens, not much of it good.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2022, 23:27.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    Sky is clearing, gardening to be done.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

The sun is shining and it's 17 degrees.

Had a lovely day out yesterday, taking the bus to the other side of the bay to Isla for a late lunch followed by a stroll in the afternoon sunshine. Took the ferry back, catching the sunset on the way. Dinner was a struggle to obtain because lots of people were out and most places didn't want walk ins. We ended up having a very nice Italian meal in a restaurant called Taste.

We leave Malta in a few hours, just packing up and relaxing before check out.

Comment

Working...
                      X