• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: brisket and Hobgoblin ale casserole, with chips and peas. Delicious

Comment

A moderately varied selection of TV tonight: Inside the Factory re: JCB diggers, an Air Crash Investigation about the collision of two airliners over the Grand Canyon in the 1950s, and a couple of episodes of S4 of The Repair Shop (shortened versions)

After experimentation, I've realised that my initial approach of putting the electric thingy on the mattress for half-an-hour or so to just warm it up on the surface isn't the best policy. Instead, putting it on for a couple of hours means that the mattress itself becomes suffused with warmth, which takes much longer to dissipate; I assume the spring themselves are capable of storing a fair bit of heat once it gets through to them. So I'm doing that now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Foggy out - can barely see the end of the drive.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

The sun is out again. Currently 13 degrees ('feels like' 11) and that's about the high for the day. The northerly wind seems to have eased up a bit and it's not expected to rain.

Slow start to the morning and just trying to get the wherewithal together to get out and do something touristy.

Comment

Popeye Village!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dry (as in not raining yet).

Warmer at 14.3 deg in here.

Sunless.

1026 mBar, 30.298 in Hg, 769.6 Torr, 14.88 psi, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the light greyness of the morning, even saw hints of sun & wore a layer too many thusly leading to overheating towards the end.

Lunch: industrial steak & kidney pie with Heinz baked beans, a red pippy yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84%.

I wondered briefly what I'd done yesterday afternoon; then I remembered "Lonely are the brave (1962)".

Spotted a tree creeper creeping up a tree this morning which made a change from the nuthatches.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with fried potato slices again, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering James Coburn.

Quantum Leap S3 E20 "Heart of Champions": heart affected by rheumatic fever: which is what killed my aunt in 1948 at the age of 22. Better ep than yesterday or I was in a more appreciative mood today.

NCIS LA S11 E6 "A bloody brilliant plan" with that Vinnie Jones chap to spice things up a bit, though the overdose of rhyming slang from the rest of them gets a tad tedious, don't cha know.

The Rookie S1 E15 "Manhunt".

Car SOS S9 E2: Jaguar XJS V12. Stone me, that engine is big.

Roswell S2 E16 "Heart of Mine": thank feck they hadn't invented The Prom when I was that age (or rather it hadn't transferred across the Atlantic). It advanced the story slightly.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2022, 23:51.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Warm and wet for winter outside apparently.

Feel like tulip.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, but overnight and early drizzle appears to have stopped and the prediction is for it to stay away for a few days. Currently 9°C which is as good as it'll get; barometers sharply up at 1022/1029mB

There was a barograph on The Repair Shop that would have shown that rapid pressure increase very nicely

Comment

Feeling weirdly creative this morning. Already written a limerick and a joke on Twitter. Might have to go have a lie down now.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Last night Pierogi.
                      Ents=bloodline which despite being brutal wasn't terrible think Dexter light.
                      Also filling all the paperwork in for the new job its about 100 pages.
                      This morning bacon, mushroom, tomato and egg bachelor chow.

The dreaded resignation call with the boss then HR. Very happy about new job.

Then tell the rest of my team.
                      Still doing paperwork.

The CEO was on a town hall style call earlier saying 'oh yes projectX will be finished by march 31st' - odd the PM leaves Friday and I follow in a few weeks. Lets hope the boss can finish it on his own, its only a total finance migration that they have hardly started.

Lunch is aubergine curry (Kohlinor packet).
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X