• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Blue sky and 3 degrees ('feels like' -1). High of 7 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1002 mBar.

HWMBO and I are in the First lounge at Heathrow, awaiting our flight to Malta. It's 14 degrees and sunny there although rain is expected this afternoon.
    Have fun!

Comment

Tea has been a Sunday Roast, to wit, a Big Chicken dinner; and exceedingly nice it was

It's a proper Big Chicken too - over 4½lbs, so there will be soup in the not too distant future

Comment

All is well in Valletta. Lovely hotel. It would seem we've once again picked a location where we are the only guests.

Dinner was in a fabulous local restaurant that did a 7 course tasting menu for €35 each. Stuffed. Now sleepy.

Comment

Went to Malta 4 years ago with loony lady 1. Nice place!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Telly tonight started with a further episode of The Crash Detectives whilst dining

Then an episode of Meet the Chimps to make up for the lack of Monkey Life at the moment.

And finally an Air Crash Investigation covering a plane which landed in Portland, Oregon. Not at the airport in Portland, as had originally been envisaged by the passengers and crew, but in Portland

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              S'murky out.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

There has been rain this morning but the sun has now come out and the rain isn't due to return until this afternoon. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 13.

Planning out what to do today, to make the most of the sunshine while it lasts.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Damp.

Sunless.

Bit warmer at 13.7 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, 64% RH.

Monday.

The shining of the telex machine not markedly improved by "Start the week" tosh.

Trip down to town to buy a calendar (this one featuring British birds apparently (of the feathered variety)), pay the card bills on that machine thing in the bank now one can't use the atm any more, and purchase some comestibles including the Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread (thick slice) since that one was a day further away from BBE than the solitary wholemeal sunflower & spelt loaf (thick sliced). One feels eternally grateful for the B****t bonus we're receiving in terms of empty shelves.

In other news, it's a good deal greyer and drizzly now.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Lonely are the brave (1962)" at 14:30. It was mentioned on "Discovering Walter Matthau" the other week.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the mist, cloud, & drizzle.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice & peas, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Richard Harris (which failed to keep me awake all the way through).

Quantum Leap S3 E19 "Last dance before an execution": the "frying tonite" one. <- the Leapee. Tedious. The fryee got fried.

NCIS LA S11 E5 "Provenance". Very weak. WTF did this have to do with NCIS?

The ever more tedious Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E16 "Leather bound". This week: more wood, some leather. Excruciatingly tedious.

Feck me, Gary doing his "look at that" thing twice for the same fecking object "coming up". Oh look there's a fecking shark he's jumping over.

NCIS S18 E2 "Everything starts somewhere". Pretty good, 400th ep.

Roswell S2 E15 "Viva Las Vegas": well that didn't move the story forward much. FF employed in places.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2022, 23:46.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Got one of those Firestick things as BBC iPlayer would not work on my TV anymore. Brill. Watched Father Brown last night.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Have fun!
                      Mod century ...ommmm
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X