• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to the Chinese tonight

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan. Very nice

The rain seems to have moved on too

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The next fillum was RED (2010) which never fails to entertain.

Comment

Wow, level 6 on the electric throw is well toasty! Not sure I dare turn it up to 9 for fear of setting the bed alight

Major viewing tonight was part three of Millennium, which can also be described as parts one and two of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, though I suppose it could then also be described as parts five and six of Millennium because that's in three parts of two parts per part. Anyway, it's excellent, whatever numbering scheme you use

And then, having started to watch the next part of S1 of Cobra (or possibly COBRA; it's unclear whether the name should be capitalised), I ended up watching all of it to get it out of the way, because it's rubbish but just manages to remain sufficiently coherent to keep you watching. But even aside from the ludicrous plots (for there are many), it often left me wondering if the script had been written by some race of extraterrestrials who had never encountered humans, for the characters often say things and behave in ways that no human ever would IRL. Apparently it got a second series

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

blue skies currently. Might do a bit of gardening today.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Much lighter grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 13.1 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.59 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.53 psi, 65% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the light grey with occasional blue bits in the sky.

It was almost pleasant in a dry, cold, brief hints of sun sort of way.

Lunch: Morrisons Best sausages with mash & onion gravy, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Stone me, that was delicious, must be the first Sunday lunch I've enjoyed in a long time.

Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average 84%.

Much greyer out there now.

Tea: leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yog or two, bramble jelly sandwich.

Entertainment: Roswell S2 E12 "We are family"

Roswell S2 E13 "Disturbing Behaviour"

Vera S11 E3 "Tyger Tyger".

NCIS S18 E1 "Sturgeon Season": no fish were harmed in the making of this.

Roswell S2 E14 "How the other half lives": goodbye Grant.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2022, 00:23.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and 3 degrees ('feels like' -1). High of 7 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1002 mBar.

HWMBO and I are in the First lounge at Heathrow, awaiting our flight to Malta. It's 14 degrees and sunny there although rain is expected this afternoon.

Comment

Off for a nice sunny walk soon. Pub with loony old ladies again later.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day. Currently 7°C and falling; barometers heading up again though, at 994/1002mB

Comment

Working...
                      X