• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

It was a cloudy, chilly but dry morning and this afternoon it has rained. Currently 8 degrees and, despite the lateness of the hour, my weather app says it will warm up this evening to 11. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Got home about 1130, dozed on the sofa for an hour then did a spot of sorting out around the flat. I'm not inclined to do the cleaning or laundry that's needed.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
    Saudi Arabia announces an end to its 35 year ban on cinemas 2017

Ben Wilson, co-founder of 'Alcoholics Anonymous', takes his last drink and enters hospital for treatment 1934

Comment

Lunch: pâté on sesame bloomer toast

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Ben Wilson, co-founder of 'Alcoholics Anonymous', takes his last drink and enters hospital for treatment 1934
        Not that anonymous, then

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In the Chinese
            And very nice too

Comment

Morning all

just had the obligatory bacon roll while lounging around.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Second part of Get Back has been watched. Most people watching it probably don't even know where Garston is

And then some more repeats

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Thought NF was up early before I realised what day it was.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Drizzly.

Warmer at 14.4 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 61% RH.

Sunday. The long dark teatime of the soul personified.

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

If the car dies this week at MOT time, then it'll be shanks' pony next week & not on Sunday.

Lunch: Mr Brains faggots, some indeterminate cumbrian style sausages, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the overwhelming grey gloom of the afternoon.

Entertainment: "The Longest Ride (2015)": just happened to be on as I was paging through the EPG to reveal Peter "Sid the Snitch"/"Londo Molari" Jurasik as an auctioneer. I have no idea how I recognised him but there you go apparently.

Bits of "Salvage Hunters" but it's too irritating.

Tea: some oddly coloured Heinz baked beans (microwave plastic pot version presumably less hermetic than the tin) that may have been past their BBE on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, marmalade sandwich on same, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pint of good Glengettie tea.

One was pleased to see "Bad Santa" included in a list of Xmas films earlier, along with "Die Hard".

Entertainment: "Fatman (2020)" with that Mel Gibson chap and that Walt Goggins chap. Amusing enough in its way.

Followed by "Goodnight Mr Tom (1998)" with that John Thaw. I'd quite forgotten how grim some of it is.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2021, 23:11.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and signs of earlier rain but no active precipitation, and none forecast for the rest of the day. Currently 13 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

The smalls went in the WM at 9am. They have been pegged out and now jumpers are in. Just having a cuppa and a spot of breakfast. I was going to have toast, but the bread was turning mouldy so I opted for crunchy nut cornflakes instead as the milk hasn't yet turned. As I seem to be having a flurry of 'doing' I expect I may finally get the duster and vacuum cleaner out.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                    The 'Royal Automobile Club' is founded, Great Britain 1897

Kenya declares independence from the United Kingdom 1963

Comment

Jumpers were washed and hung about. Then in went the bath mats and a random towel.

The floor has had a cursory vacuuming, enough that I no longer feel like I live in a dirty hovel. I haven't dusted though.

Home-made mincemeat underway. Hopefully it'll be edible. If not, I'll gift it to people I don't like.

Comment

Working...
                      X