• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fitness hit today. Always said I'd commit suicide if I couldn't run up my steep road but haven't done it for ages Today I ran up a path which is not as long but even steeper.

On the down side I've lost another glove while walking. Just a few days ago I lost a pair. Now out of gloves. Think I'll get those kids ones that you tie on with string.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 30 November 2020, 16:14.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon walk walked, guineas put to bed. Chickens next.
      {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

Stone me, it started out gloomy and picking with drizzle.

It's now built up to practically dark and drizzling with a vengeance.

Another patch concreted in the tin shed.

If I'd realised quite how much it was going to take I might not have bothered.

Looks like the patch under the PCB etch machine needs doing too, but I won't be able to tell properly until everything is back more or less where it needs to be.

Which will require patching of the tin sheets.

I must be mad.

I seem to have irritated the rat that's living in the compost heap by stuffing a whole rotten orange down its burrow.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chickens in bed, doors shut on the houses. Time to get back to work.
          {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

I was going to go for a bit of a walk but it turns out its quite drizzly out, with a fresh breeze to ensure said drizzle is driven into your face

I'll hop on the exercise bike later instead

Comment

Tea: the remainder of yesterday's roast chicken breast with bacon and a sausage, stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengette tea.

Rather pleasant but not as nice as yesterday.

<hiatus whilst the wireless is switched off>

Entertainment: probably another of the Man from Uncle films.

"One spy too many (1966)" with Rip Torn.

"Why does everyone hate the English?: Germany".

Oddly they seem to hate the English rather less than the Celtic Fringe.

<hiatus>

Well that was long.

"One spy too many" pretty averagely average all in all, somewhat tedious, a bit like two tv eps glued together with a bit of filler added.

Which, oddly enough, is what it was.

Having read the reviews of the other 3 "films" I'm not sure I have the stamina to cope with the "excitement" of watching them.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2020, 23:24.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No idea what to have for dinner. I did too good a job of reorganising the fridge and freezing stuff it seems.

Comment

Ents is The Valhalla Murders on iPlayer.

Comment

Dinner Chicken curry.

Not sure what tomorrows dinner is as I just pulled stuff out of the freezer to defrost. Suspect it's chilli.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The wind has gotten up all of a sudden. No sign of the forecast rain.

Comment

Working...
                      X