• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised that in the bag of books I got for Christmas, there's also a box of chocolates I'd forgotten about. I think there's now enough chocolate in the flat to keep me going until Easter at normal rates of consumption

Comment

OU work done. Fluffed one question where I had to state true/false against five statements about the fusimotor system.

Watched some of the stash of Timeshift I downloaded to the iPlayer app. Now giving A Very British Scandal a try.

Comment

Tonight's spurious additional food because Christmas has been crispy aromatic duck with pancakes and plum sauce

My Mum used to make roast duck on Christmas Eve back in the day, but nowadays we don't meet until Christmas Day, and anyway it'd maybe be a bit much for her now, sorting out a roast dinner for everyone. But she knows I like duck, so she always gets something involving it for me to bring back

The packet spoke of it feeding two as a main, four as a starter. Totally unrealistic, of course. I could have eaten it all, but I showed some restraint and just had half; I'll have the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Comment

A Very British Scandal didn't really grab me so I stopped watching that halfway through the first episode.

Comment

Proper tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan. Not seasonal, but that was why really; one can only eat Christmassy food for so long before fancying a break

Viewing so far this evening has been the Inside the Factory Christmas special about cards, which also featured an inset item about the creation of a bear; and then the rest of a programme I started watching the other night: Between Life and Death following the fates of three patients in Addenbrooke's neurological intensive care unit, i.e. the coma ward. It's actually from 2010, it turns out, but it's very good, if not exactly cheerful

Comment

The holiday movie magic tonight was initially provided by Resident Evil (2002) which is much as you'd expect a video game adaptation from 2002 to be, i.e. pure hokum but with plenty of action. I've seen worse

And then I rewatched Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005). Dunno why really; it's not a towering masterpiece or anything. But it's good enough fun in its own way

Goodnight all

Comment

Cor you go to bed late!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp raining and breezy this morning. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 7) with more rain forecast all morning. Barometer slides further down to 990 mBar.

HWMBO arrives today Due to there being no tube or trains betwixt Heathrow and civilisation, I'll be picking him up later. It's a good job I took the car for a drive down to the parentals last week.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The 'Detroit Lions' become the first team in NFL history to lose all 16 games in the regular season 2008

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Viewing so far this evening has been the Inside the Factory Christmas special about cards, which also featured an inset item about the creation of a bear; ...
                    You must have missed the horror of the tofurkey that was another memorable inset item

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Cor you go to bed late!
                      That's not late: the sun hadn't risen yet.

5 refreshes to get here.

Morning.

Wet.

Grey.

Hints of blue sky but I don't trust it.

Sunless.

Warmer at 14.7 deg in here.

990 mbar (up from 985 mbar last night), 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 66% RH.

Tuesday apparently, though how the feck one knows any more is beyond me (if it wasn't for the TV Times and the Lidl(tm) clock).

5 refreshes to get back here via 2018.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with a hint of sun.

Freecell score (on other box): 86%, running average 84%.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"Entertainment": TWAO.

Sorted Yet More Electronic Components from my vast stock thereof. No idea where this lot of ceramic capacitors came from, some "bargain pack" or other no doubt. I bought lots of those back in the day for no readily apparent reason.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Dial 999" with that Canadian cop working for Scotland Yard. This one had Patrick McGee.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159160/

Made for ATV, part of Lord Russian Emigre's TV Empire.

Innestingly enough, they didn't clear the streets whilst filming the above, so there's all sorts of onlookers on the pavements.

Oz Customs thing: chap travelling from Saudi with a vial of testosterone in his bag, as you do, apparently.

I see "Skyfall" is on at 20:00 (21:00 on +1). I may give that a watch since there's added drama therein apparently.

Duly watched: it ended at 22:45 FFS, what with all the dross interruptions.

I thought it rather good in its way, the best of it being the last half to 3/4 of an hour when it was back to basics.

Roswell S1 E11 "The Toy House": didn't advance things much. : rather talky.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2021, 23:44.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X