• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Finally got around to making a fruit cake, just as a delivery arrived that HWMBO had organised comprising much cake. Two types of pannetone to go with the ones other people have bought me.

I suspect I'll end up giving away the cake I've made
    see it as paying it forward with the possibility it is eventually repaid.

Its a difficult choice home made fruit cake versus Pannetone but for me the Pannetone wins.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Today's detour was via the pharmacy to pick up some lateral flow tests, if they had any. They didn't

If I was them, I'd put the sign saying they don't have any and to try again tomorrow on the door, so as to save people from walking in, seeing the sign at the counter, and walking out again. But what do I know about reducing the number of possibly diseased people entering a health care facility for no good reason?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Today's detour was via the pharmacy to pick up some lateral flow tests, if they had any. They didn't

If I was them, I'd put the sign saying they don't have any and to try again tomorrow on the door, so as to save people from walking in, seeing the sign at the counter, and walking out again. But what do I know about reducing the number of possibly diseased people entering a health care facility for no good reason?
        The pharmacies local to me have signs in the window, saves much time.

Although it doesn't stop people going into said pharmacies to ask if the sign included them because they'd requested a box on the gov.uk website and have a collection code...

But there's no shortage of tests, it's just lazy people not delivering them.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

see it as paying it forward with the possibility it is eventually repaid.

Its a difficult choice home made fruit cake versus Pannetone but for me the Pannetone wins.
          This year's has Grenadian rum in it - Old Grog

I split the mixture so I have made two small cakes and one medium sized cake. Makes it easier to gift away.

I agree about pannetone. I could live on the stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The pharmacies local to me have signs in the window, saves much time.

Although it doesn't stop people going into said pharmacies to ask if the sign included them because they'd requested a box on the gov.uk website and have a collection code...

But there's no shortage of tests, it's just lazy people not delivering them.
            Pharmacies can only get one large box at time.

I went to a supermarket last week and was given some when going in.

I came out 25 minutes later and they had 3 left.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner was fruit cake. A mini one I'd made as a quality check.

One cake packaged up to be sent off.

Ents has been: WILTY, QI, MC, OC, UC, ISIHAC. Next up is the latest episode of 'Uncanny'.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 22 December 2021, 12:24. Reason: speling

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips and beans, and very nice it was; chops cooked in the Remoska do come out very well

Chilly night tonight, and due to get chillier

Comment

Telly tonight was more of that car impounding thing during dinner, though mainly to get it off the "you haven't finished this yet" list; it doesn't have much going for it

Then the first part of a two-parter about the murder of Joanna Yeates back in 2010. And finally, a couple of episodes of Air Crash Investigation, in the first of which it was found that taking off without flaps results in a lot less taking off than was required, and in the second, that getting a plane to land on a runway that already has a plane on it results in a much bumpier landing than usual and not much in the way of planes left at the end

The magic lightbulb seems to be doing OK so far. I haven't tried controlling it over the Internet rather than from the same room yet, though

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless

Cold in here at 13.1 deg. Brrrr.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 63% RH.

Wednesday apparently, though, without the Oz customs thing I'm finding it difficult to keep up.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Irritating Saes woman & family standing much too close to me in the queue.

Twll din pob saes.

Was very tempted to brain one or other with their bottle of sparkling fizz.

Failed to obtain an iced slice of fruit cake which I rather like on Saturnalia.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the gloom.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's just started picking with rain.

Noticed this morning that next door's shed roof has shed some felt, presumably back in the storm? though that's a long while ago & I'd have thought I'd have noticed it previously.

Entertainment: TWAO. followed by some crap or other about trolls & cybercrime.

In other other news, it's not picking with rain any more, it's pissing down.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 84%.

Entertainment: Thing about astronomy on PBS (last half hour of).

NZ Motorway Patrol: the contrast with our own dear plod remains remarkable, as do the contrast in the speed limits.

A chap with a TVR Cerbera managed to get it work for long enough to clock up 146kph in a 100kph limit.

Other than that the usual failures to indicate properly & stay properly in lane (they're very keen on that). Being a Russian woman & chatting to your parents who've just flown in from the Motherland leads to expense.

Tea: the last of the chicken breast & sausage, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 December 2021, 18:27.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                      Feeling a bit negative today - PCR test came back I'm now released from quarantine

Glorious sunrise earlier.

Last day of work before the Christmas Card rate kicks in - i.e. "Hey customers, I'm not planning to do any work between now and 4th January, but if you want me to, I'll need at least 24 hours notice and it's double time"
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X