• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread. Very nice

Comment

Waitrose Levantine table spicy lentil soup for lunch.
      Waiting for parcels to be delivered this afternoon.

The other day we had to drop various parcels off earlier this week, thankfully the local Post Office (which is part of a converted single garage on the side of a house) - they accept ParcelFarce and Royal Mail stuff without any issue.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Also in the post: letters addressed in handwriting (blue fountain pen) to each of the flats, without people's names. Mine turned out to be a circular from the Jehovah's Witnesses

I'm now wondering if the other flats' ones are also from them, or if it's some kind of lucky dip thing whereby various proselytising sects compete to win a resident for Christmas: ground floor front gets a thing from the Mormons, ground floor back the Elim Pentecostal Church, JW for me, and so on
        I've had letters like that, they make good bonfire fuel, along with the letters from some septic church in California for the previous occupant who moved out a mere 22 years ago.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It clouded over as I started off, then started drizzling once I was past the point of no return, gradually progressing to light rain by the time I got back

Comment

Grim Reaper on Google Street View. Looking for his scythe?

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.1195...!7i4608!8i2304
            Last edited by xoggoth; 1 December 2021, 15:45.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Odd. The sunset seems to be more visible to the North East, the cloud there is brighter orange. Hs the sun got lost?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Me: "That bit of the room looks so much better now I've removed all that junk that was cluttering it!"

Also me: *Quietly ignores the three carrier bags into which the junk has been stuffed pending sorting out*

Comment

Another brisk walk! I suddenly remembered a friend's birthday tomorrow. Luckily I have a stash of nice cards and plenty of stamps so I was able to scribble something out and get it into the post box around the corner before it was too late.

Comment

And I've just discovered that the box of old CDs that were left behind by my housemates back in 2004, and which somehow ended up moving here with me, and which are almost all compilations I have no interest in that came free with magazines or something, cannot in fact be recycled at the council tip as I'd thought.

I've been meaning to take them there for years which is the only reason they didn't go in the bin fifteen years ago, and I've just found the bit on the council website saying they don't accept them for recycling and they should go in the bin

Comment

Forgot to mention that it's raining a bit - just spits - with a bit of a nippy breeze.

Comment

Working...
                      X