• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Fairly overcast, but thinly; I reckon the gaps will widen and the sun break through shortly (though the forecast doesn't so reckon)

Currently 12°C with 13° likely to be as good as it gets. Barometers slightly up again at 1022/1030mB.

Quite a decent night's sleep, all in all

Comment

A better night's sleep, which was good.

Still completely knackered.

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dank.

Damp.

Drizzly.

15.8 deg in here.

1029 mBar, 30.39 in Hg, 771.8 Torr, 70% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy commence with the smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD.

Sun came out, drizzle stopped for a while: walk (slightly abbreviated) walked.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Jeans into the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: Septic chap with zero funds: sent back to septic land.

Frog fat!

Cottons out of the TD.

Jeans out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing in the back bedroom.

Jeans (eventually) out of the TD.

House roughly vacced.

Freecell score: 100% (of 10) running average 84%.

Tea: a rather disappointing Tesco chunky breaded haddock, the last of the tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Tony Curtis.

Quantum Leap: the one in some septic university.

Pink Floyd: the videos on Sky Arts.

Irish Railways.

The last of Dalgliesh: it was actually rather reasonable.

1974: the UK number ones: I bet Gary's in there somewhere, he certainly was in 1973.

As it were.

Aye, Gary's in there at Number 27.

Maybe the ice bodies thing on Blaze if I can bring myself to tolerate the gambling ads.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2021, 22:12.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Inbound trundle accomplished

Off to do the shopping next. Not that I need much, but the wheels of capitalism won't turn themselves!

Comment

Austria's national lockdown has put a spanner in the works for our trip to Vienna next weekend. HWMBO is trying to salvage something by hoping that Strasbourg is a viable alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Austria's national lockdown has put a spanner in the works for our trip to Vienna next weekend. HWMBO is trying to salvage something by hoping that Strasbourg is a viable alternative.
            Strasbourg is great at Christmas. It's not Brugges, but then Brugges is a F@**ing Fairytale.

If you've not been before, my favourite dining spot was http://www.aubrasseur.fr
            And to break the bank, book here... https://www.buerehiesel.fr
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done. I went to M&S first, as I had a Sparks offer of 15% off clothing; so I got various t-shirts, a pair of chinos, and more thick woolly socks, all of which bring the imminent recycling of various very old items of clothing that are finally wearing out that much closer

Then over to Sainsbury's, where most of what I got (apart from beer and crisps) was reserve stocks of non-perishables, and things like sauces that I have a tendency to use the last of only to find I haven't remembered to get a replacement

Oh, and the Xmas Viz Comic

And lunch was from the hot-now-but-wait-till-you-get-it-home food counter: a seasoned chicken leg, which was nice enough

The day continues grey after all, so the weather app was right and I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Strasbourg is great at Christmas. It's not Brugges, but then Brugges is a F@**ing Fairytale.

If you've not been before, my favourite dining spot was http://www.aubrasseur.fr
                And to break the bank, book here... https://www.buerehiesel.fr
                Sadly I am now not going on the Christmas market trip as the date has changed, due to reasons, to 10 December and I'm busy that evening.

Comment

Oh, and the Xmas Viz Comic
                  Ah! That will brighten up my own boring trip to Sainsburys later.

PS Viz not as good as it was. That boring Drunken Bakers nearly every month.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Ah! That will brighten up my own boring trip to Sainsburys later.

PS Viz not as good as it was. That boring Drunken Bakers nearly every month.
                    That's one of my favourites, but each to their own

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

In fact, the green ring was closed before I was even halfway round, as for some reason it gave me loads of exercise credit for this morning's shopping and bin-related activity. Maybe it was due to standing in the queue for the tills in M&S; they now have almost no places you can pay except a row of tills behind plexiglas screens, hidden away behind the bras. They do have self-scan tills but only in the food department, and the self-scan phone app needs a signal, and there is no signal inside the store

Comment

Working...
                      X