• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are finally up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And then the drive home. I was wondering on the initial part of the journey why I felt so worn out; was it the driving, or the early rising? Then I realised it was mainly the effort of being in a room full of other people and making chitchat for the first time in so long
      Good practice for the 10th!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good practice for the 10th!
        At least I'll be able to have a beer then

I mean, I could have had a beer or a glass of wine today and still been under the limit, but all of the routes back involve at least a few miles on winding A roads that I don't much like at the best of times, so I'd rather be as together as I can manage for driving on them

Comment

Good news! The landlord visited downstairs today and satisfied himself that the dripping isn't happening any more, so he's decided he doesn't need to come in to my flat and rootle around under my sink after all

Comment

Realised that with everything else going on, I hadn't been for my walk. So: walk briskly walked, red, green and blue rings closed

Quite parky out there, but the coat continues to provide good insulation. Jupiter is very bright in the SW and the half-moon (or thereabouts) likewise towards the SE

Comment

Rootle is a good word! Thank you for reminding me of it

I was challenged on my use of the term 'rummage' last week after stating I'd had a 'good rummage through the AD groups' in order to prove something or other. I defended it as a valid technical term for what I'd done

In other news, HMWBO has decided we're off out tomorrow evening so I'm having to get my OU assignment done (due Wednesday) this evening.

Comment

"Rummage" is a good one

Comment

Tea: last of the beef scouse, with sesame bloomer. Very tasty

Comment

It's turning foggy out

It was pretty foggy on the motorway this morning too. Couldn't see any of the mighty windmills, even the ones that live very close to the road. Then it was quite sunny on the way back. But now, the fog is creeping in from the countryside and invading the city streets

That reminds me, I got the film The Fog a while back but haven't watched it yet. No idea if it's any good, but it's one of those that one supposedly ought to watch at least once

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That reminds me, I got the film The Fog a while back but haven't watched it yet. No idea if it's any good, but it's one of those that one supposedly ought to watch at least once
                      The one with John Houseman or the other one?
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X