• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon

Sunny out.

Hope the grass dries tomorrow so I can mow it. At times like this I hate being in the south as you have to mow grass until first week of December.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There is an interesting program on BBC 3 called "Catch her if you can" .

A young scammer who had been to prison 3 times by the age of 21, was then caught up in one of those Church scams were she coerced others into taking loans out for £5000.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's been quite sunny out but there's a very high layer of thin cloud-like stuff developing; currently 11°C but not getting any better than that

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It was a bit misty last night when I was going to bed. That has cleared to just overcast from.ym current viewpoint. The weather still says it's foggy It's 4 degrees at present and will reach 8 later with sunshine poking through murk.

My weather app also insists that conditions outside are currently foggy

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all

Not much sleep last night. Dad is in hospital. My sister decided that sending a What’sApp message at 7pm was enough, not to try calling me. My phone was charging in the office, so I didn’t get the message until I grabbed the phone before going to bed.

Now trying to work out the law on whether I can go visit him.
          Hope he's OK <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Hope he's OK <- manly
            WNFS.

And Om.

Another couple of hours spent going through the extensive paperwork bequeathed by Strangelove parents.

I now have 3 full binbags of paper to burn (covered in numbers & addresses) which is a start.

The hammering has reduced to an irritating tapping next door.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Late lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

I think there's now enough room in the freezer for the Scotch broth

Comment

Another odd Street View bit.

Google Maps

Went to coast with loony lady 1 today. Spent ages looking up the damn cov* rules to check if ok.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: the last of the bol with quick cook spag, the last of the stewed Granny Smiths with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the rest of "The Five Doctors(1983)".

"Surviving the stone age" on 4 at 19:10 (assuming the news doesn't run on).

followed by "Britain's most historic towns" on 4 at 20:10 (ditto).

Gosh. I see that "Peeping Tom (1959)" is on Talking Pictures at 22:20.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Zoom call had with a few people. Nice chat covering agile, the Scottish Tech Army, US elections, women being blamed for being raped and other things.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      A romantic walk to Screwfix...............

another euphemism?

wait till he takes her to Toolstation she will swoon!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X