• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...opened the boxes...

They included a free bottle of whisky. OK, just a 50ml sample of 12yo Balvenie, but free, none the less.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

HWMBO made Welsh rarebit for early tea so the kinder didn't die of starvation while out at their various clubs or whatever it is they're up to. Dinner proper will be toad in the hole.

Comment

Had a bit of a headache for much of the day, which seldom happens

And my back is in one of its moods too, which also hasn't happened for quite a while

Comment

Tea - a sandwich.

Ents - Channel 4 news. Talking about Fart and Brexit.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: TBD, possibly "Never say Never again (1983)" with that Sean Connery chap.
            I don't remember it as being particularly good but it is slightly better than "Thunderball" but not by much.

At least I could could speed it up by FF through the underwater bits.

And the dancing bit.

And some other bits.

Then it was on to BBC4: "21st Century Mythologies" which was so up its own arse that I went back to the last 10 minutes of Bond when the presenter started waffling on about semiotics.

Now watching "Why does everyone hate the English" on Blaze with Al Murray and Elis James.

They've got as far as the Saes stealing our Dwr, the bastards.

Actually it looks as if that might have been a much better programme to watch than the pretentious tosh on BBC4.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2020, 22:01.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ribs and chips for tea
                That thing about the fire was pretty fecking grim & no mistake.

Next: a thing about postwar Berlin on BBC4.

If that starts waffling about semiotics it's history.

It didn't but it doesn't look inneresting enough.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2020, 22:05.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping today. No shortage of bog paper this time but I did notice packs marked "Recycled Toilet Paper" Not sure I like the sound of that.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mucked around for ages trying to revive a server that had stopped doing something it should have been doing because RabbitMQ had stopped responding. Turns out it's got messages queued since October 30. This probably explains why the disk was full, which in turn made it very hard to sort out

Finally got the root volume resized without losing anything, so it's working its way through the queue now. Thinking about it, this instance has been running for well over a year so it's about time it was recycled anyway. Longer term, I reckon the stuff it's doing in the background would be better done by a Lambda function, so I'll have to see about getting that working when I have time

Comment

Working...
                      X