• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the Kantar diary facts that you didn't receive. I apologise for forgetting the fabled dairy an having to supply facts from an alternate source.

05-NOV: Reality TV Show 'Big Brother' broadcasts its last-ever episode in the UK on Channel 5, 2018
    06-NOV: Abraham Lincoln is elected as the 16th President of the United States 1860
    07-NOV: Emma Thompson receives her Damehood from HRH Prince William for services to drama 2018
    08-NOV: Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli releases his 'Sacred Arias', the world's best-selling classical album by a solo artist 1999
    09-NOV: Aged 22, Gary Kasparov becomes the youngest ever Wold Chess Champion 1985
    10-NOV: Direct-dial, coast-to-coast telephone service without the use of an operator begins in the United States 1951

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh that's easy

Distribution list - ends up in people's not important / spam folders
      Shared Mailbox - ignore as someone else will deal with it.

The very first point I make when I'm discussing a new process is to be explicit that someone does need to own every request - because otherwise everyone will think it's someone else's issue.
      It's not about ownership or process, it's about putting accurate information in a comms message so that (a) user responses are correctly directed and (b) user responses actually land at a working email address.

Comment

Are all the new posters even bigger idiots than they used to be or am I getting less forgiving in my old age.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Are all the new posters even bigger idiots than they used to be or am I getting less forgiving in my old age.
          A little of column A, and a little of column B

Comment

Yes.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              These are the Kantar diary facts that you didn't receive. I apologise for forgetting the fabled dairy an having to supply facts from an alternate source.
              They were good facts

Comment

To be fair many of our project team would make them look like rocket scientists.

3 years into a project to replace all our systems (I was actually officially allowed to start work on it 2 months ago as they were busy solutionising and Visioneering with fine free lunches as well as spending millions on a solution that doesn't work). Finally someone amongst the 'grown ups' has tried to ask what the date range for the data they want migrated (the coders that was the second question after WHY, what benefits will it give us ???). Cue headless chickens and windows being authoratively generated but no one committing to a decision.

Apparently we don't need 6 years because it might overload the new system they bought they also didn't buy enough licenses. I wonder what the auditors will say to less than 2 years of financial transactions with thousands of customers?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Lunch was some mini sausage rolls from the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Lunch was some mini sausage rolls from the freezer.
                      I thought HWMBO was with you, I can't imagine him having or allowing you to have that for lunch.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X