• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It looks rather Simpsonesque out there now, but it's a bit chilly. Still, I soon warmed up

Comment

Early evening viewing was Timewatch: The Princess Spy about an exceptionally brave woman who was a spy in France on behalf of the British during WW2 working as a wireless operator (life expectancy: 6 weeks). Despite some rather unkind opinions expressed about her during her training, she evaded capture for months after the rest of her cell was picked up by the Germans and, once finally captured, she never said a word about what she knew - lying more often than not - throughout months of torture before she was murdered in Dachau.

Very humbling stuff.

Comment

I don't usually have any reaction to the flu jab, but I've developed a slight headache this time. Temperature seems OK. It's probably just still being a bit run down after whatever that vile lurgy was

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Early evening viewing was Timewatch: The Princess Spy about an exceptionally brave woman who was a spy in France on behalf of the British during WW2 working as a wireless operator (life expectancy: 6 weeks). Despite some rather unkind opinions expressed about her during her training, she evaded capture for months after the rest of her cell was picked up by the Germans and, once finally captured, she never said a word about what she knew - lying more often than not - throughout months of torture before she was murdered in Dachau.

Very humbling stuff.
          Indeed many were made of sterner stuff in WWII. As you say humbling.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been an M&S pork porterhouse steak, which is a rather grandiose title for what is essentially a big, long, thick pork chop. Very tasty indeed, accompanied by chips and beans

I'll probably just stick with the usual thing of having two normal chops in future, but it's nice to have options

Comment

Bins trundled. Time for bed.

Comment

Tonight's telly has been the latest episode of Ambulance (S8E4 I think) whilst dining

And then S4E1 of A House Through Time, about a place in Headingley, Leeds

Getting to bed now as I still feel a little under the weather; probably just the flu jab getting to me

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A tad overcast, but not raining

I wonder what DHL's excuse will be today.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of a disturbed night's sleep for some reason. Kept getting woken by dreams, but not ominous or disturbing ones. The only one I can remember involved queuing for a long time for coffee at a service station, the only truly unpleasant aspect of which was that it wasn't a proper motorway service station, it was one of those newfangled ones that's been built next to a roundabout at a junction

Grey start out, currently 11°C with a possible 17° on offer later; barometers up slightly at 1007/1015mB. There's also a 30% chance of rain for much of the day

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy, of the fluffy sort, with some bits of blue poking through. Plants wet but the patio tiles are not. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 17 later. Cloud cover to remain but unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Busy day today, people nagging me before 0900 and far too many meetings.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Norway gains independence from Sweden 1905

Comment

Working...
                      X