• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see the new James Bond fillum. Quite entertaining, worthy of a watch.

Picked up dinner from Thunderbird Chicken on the way home.

Now watching Have I Got a Bit More News For You.

Comment

Well brunch was Vietnamese , Atlantic Kedgeree fusion ( river fish & smoked haddock with chillies) dinner was Fake Steak + veg. not terrible.

POI is finished - sad but good.

Ents last night was "Urge" Sorry Pierce I have to say Morgan is better, the rest very mediocre seriously don't bother. The Serpent - even Chuck Norris would be embarrassed about the acting.

Babylon 5 wooden sets and even more wooden acting - just right.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Proper breakfast coming up later. You can't beat a Sunday fry-up
        Cancelled, because I decided I really fancied lamb scouse with sesame bloomer instead

Comment

Having watched this afternoon's episodes of Monkey Life (and bits of various Antipodean cop shows and so on that followed it), I haven't bothered with any other telly this evening

Haven't done anything useful with the time either

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            After the weekend rains, the sky is a lot clearer. Quite a pleasant walk earlier.

...waiting for DHL to come up with an excuse not to deliver a package today.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and dry. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 16 expected. There's rumour of a shower this morning and more again early evening. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Need to buy more GU10 light bulbs. Had a spate of them going.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The Tappan Company introduce the first microwave oven for home use 1955

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Cold at 16.5 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine not very shiny.

And there we are: new threads, Specifically in General, perused, which didn't take long.

Oddly enough, it never takes very long these days, apart from after lunch on Mondays for some unknown reason.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Once again, as I returned, the deluge returned unbidden.

Gone very grey now.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich (untoated) on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Disaster! they've changed the timing: NZ Border Patrol at 13:00 not noon.

I've had to make do with the Oz customs which is a tad more brash.

Same old same old: Chinese smuggling the tulipe they regard as "Food" and "Medicine".

So that's what those caterpillars look like, ditto the birds nests.

As the pong of fermenting parsnip in the fridge had finally verged on overpowering, a lentil soup has been prepared and is festering on the stove.

Whilst some of the parsnip was radically past its best, enough was "good" to do the needful doings.

Having boiled up every lamb bone in the freezer, it'll need to reduce a good deal before it's ready.

I'll need to sort out said lamb bones to dispense with those which have been boiled to death several times with nothing remaining for extraction.

Lovely sunny afternoon out there, just right for spending time cooking stuff.

Turned out reasonably well in the end, though lacking something.

What it didn't lack was chilli.

Tea: lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, stewed plum & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a random yog just because.

Entertainment: Discovering Gary Cooper.

Joy of Painting.

Quantum Leap.

Oak Island nutjobs S8 E7 "Mounding Evidence".

Beginning to think this has completely jumped the shark.

NCIS S17 E16 "Ephemera".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2021, 18:15.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Latest from DHL:
                  "Your parcel journey started at 09:24"

This was on their website at 09:10am

What they mean is: "We first claimed to send your parcel for delivery on Friday last week at 9.24am, but didn't inform you, or anyone else. Our system doesn't show the day in the tracker."

Good news is that I am allegedly stop 2, due between 10:16 and 11:16.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny-ish start out, and expected to continue to be either cloudy but with sunny spells or sunny but with cloudy spells. Slight chance of a shower or two this afternoon. Currently 11°C, with 13° possible, and the barometers are negligibly down at 1005/1013mB

I seem to have had a decent night's sleep, so feeling quite refreshed thereby

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Latest from DHL:
                      "Your parcel journey started at 09:24"

This was on their website at 09:10am

What they mean is: "We first claimed to send your parcel for delivery on Friday last week at 9.24am, but didn't inform you, or anyone else. Our system doesn't show the day in the tracker."

Good news is that I am allegedly stop 2, due between 10:16 and 11:16.
                      Update: Driver failed to find address due to insufficient address information.

Oh, except you won't let me see the information you claim is insufficient, but I can see the paperwork from the supplier was complete, and it appeared on my DHL App against my name - which is linked to my full address.

Spoke to them on the phone and they say that the first line of my address was missing. No it wasn't.
                      And if the driver had used the post code, he would have ended up at one of 5 addresses, all on one lane.

Comment

Working...
                      X