• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided I'm not going to the Chinese tonight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Decided I'm not going to the Chinese tonight
      indeed!

Comment

Watched a couple more episodes of Blindspot before coming to the conclusion that it really wasn't worth my time.

Now watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which is only six parts and probably doesn't add much to Phase 4 of the MCU.

Comment

Hoping the Stephen Merchant thing on BBC1 9pm Monday is ok. Shall probably watch 5 mins, swear and turn it off. As usual.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/20...ephen-merchant
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Occidental tea has been battered chunky haddock with chips and beans. Very nice

Comment

First on the silver screen tonight was Gattaca (1997). I was a bit ambivalent about this one when I first watched it about three years ago, but I must have been more in the mood for it this time and thought it was very good

And then some more stuff, but I'll record the details tomorrow as I'm rather knackered

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Wet.

Sunless.

16.5 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 759 Torr, 73% RH.

Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Had to pay full price for the chicken breasts and minced beef which is definitely against my religion.

Still raining here.

The inspection of the tanked garage revealed that the aforementioned puddle hasn't returned, though it must be said that today's monsoon is nowhere near the monsoon early last week.

There is one patch which looks quite damp, under the window.

Dunno what that implies.

No doubt al will eventually be klar.

It was also discovered that the aforementioned monsoon of early last week seemed to have found a way to drip onto the driver's seat of the Strangelove Corolla, though by now it was merely slightly damp.

Sleep wasn't very refreshing last night, I seemed to have toothache in my left shoulder, probably due to all the unwonted exercise it received over the last week or two.

Lunch: roast chicken & sausage, a couple of yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough, but seemed to lack something, probably down to the indifferent sausage.

Still overwhelmed by the concept of paying full price for mince & chicken.

Entertainment: WTF is Jim Naughtie doing back on TWTW?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in occasional sunshine and timed to the second as the drizzle began as I got back home.

Grey again now, with all the blue sky having disappeared due to lack of innerest.

Some minor potching in the office recharging some NiCds in various instruments that have resided untouched & unloved since I "borrowed" them from the scrap tip.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus some Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Walking through Wartime Britain: south Wales.

Am Dro: last in the current series: Pembroke, Rhosllanerchrugog (try saying that after a pint or two), Llyn Borchlwyd (lake Australia) in Snowdonia, Llancaiach Fawr.

Dr Pimplepopper: a lady with remarkably large keloids* on her ears due to the usual idiotic piercings.

*14 oz in total for the 4.

Plus Gerald, the chap with the big feckoff lump on his finger is back again.

In other news, it's been pissing down again, sufficiently heavily that I've heard it hammering on the leanto roof from in here with the telly on (though the telly was sprechening Yng Nghymraeg at the time.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2021, 20:31.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

The usual cloudy with bits of blue start to the day. Dry. Currently 13 degrees, with a high of 15 forecast. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

One of my chilli plants has decided to bear much fruit. All tiny little chillies which will either be evil or disappointing. There seem to be new buds appearing on a couple of the other plants but I'm not sure if they will actually flower and fruit or not.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  A rare bottle of 'Macallan 1926' Scotch whisky sells for a world record £1.5m at Sotheby's in London 2019

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Yet another grey day, though there's a couple of patches of blue over *points out of window* there. Only 13°C and not getting any higher, there's an occasional shower and more due, barometers down at 1006/1014mB

Last night's additional films, BTW, were Sully: Miracle on the Hudson (2016) which is a bit annoying for its manufactured and wholly fictional conflict, but worth it for its recreation of that truly remarkable landing; and Suburban Mayhem (2006), a very entertaining Australian film. One indication of how differently Australia does things compared to Hollywood is that the scriptwriter, Alice Bell, is also the stunt double for the main character

Comment

Late breakfast: wholemeal toast

Proper breakfast coming up later. You can't beat a Sunday fry-up

Comment

Working...
                      X