• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road closed for an RTC outside

Looks as if a small red car has been rear-ended by a very big lorry. Ambulance in attendance, but as all but the very back of the small car seems fine and the police just drove it to park it in the side road on the other side, I would guess it'd be whiplash injuries if any

I missed it happening as I was sorting out lunch: Scotch broth with wholemeal bread, and very tasty too

And I finally have my coffee

Comment

I do sometimes wonder why sockies put so much effort into their trolling backstories...
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        You may find it comes in handy for quick clothes drying
        Possibly, as the room is fairly small so would warm up quite quickly, though it's only a single bar about seven-and-a-half feet up the wall

Comment

Road open again, ambulance still there. What I think is the driver of the small red car just reached through the now-vanished rear window and took out what looked like a toddler's coat, so maybe there was a child in there and they're just being checked out by the paramedics to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            I do sometimes wonder why sockies put so much effort into their trolling backstories...
            They need to appear inneresting.

Comment

Funny how things repair themselves. Had a little camera that stopped working several months ago, thought I'd give it one last go before chucking it and it was fine. Been ok since. Tap in the kitchen's been dripping for months but yesterday it stopped. Not dripped since.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Funny how things repair themselves. Had a little camera that stopped working several months ago, thought I'd give it one last go before chucking it and it was fine. Been ok since. Tap in the kitchen's been dripping for months but yesterday it stopped. Not dripped since.
                I had an occasional drip coming from underneath the hot tap on the basin on the bathroom. The mop bucket happened to be directly underneath it, and was gradually filling. Then the drip stopped and the water evaporated (I don't use the mop bucket much since I got a steam mop). I suspect the oozing water created a thick enough limescale deposit around the leak to block it

Comment

By the by, the landlord was with the electricians when they arrived, walking with a stick. He asked me if I could keep doing the bins for a few more weeks

I had a feeling he was being overly optimistic to think he'd be back to shunting wheelie bins around a couple of weeks after hip surgery

Comment

Limescale is not a problem around here.

I remember sitting here in this chair whilst on my hols from Ye Sloughe of Desponde on Ye Hille when lo! I did hear here <drip> <drip> <drip> from under the sink in the kitchenette (do we still have kitchenettes? Well looks like I do).

Only took the majority of my fortnight to fix it properly.

The first couple of attempts weren't altogether successful.

I think I ended up rebuilding the sink unit having discovered how much black mould existed in various unventilated parts.

Ye Goode Olde Masonry paint and oodles of that mould killer stuff sorted it out good & proper, along with quite a few ventilation holes in the kickboard.

In other news, after 35 further minutes of gardening, I was forced back indoors by the oncoming deluge.

There's a lovely rainbow out there now since the sun's come out.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Urgent medical supplies (a multipack Wispa) consumed

The new fan makes me think of being in a Premier Inn whenever I go in the bathroom

It's a lot quieter than PI fans, mind; I was quite impressed by how quiet it is the first time the electrician demonstrated it

Comment

Working...
                      X