• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Wet. Very wet.

Donner und Blitzen.

Power interruptions.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Hammering down intermittently.

Sunless.

996 mBar, 29.411 in Hg, 747 Torr, 74% RH.

Wednesday.

Decided the cooker alcove needed a spring clean, & judging by the colour of the resulting water, it badly needed a spring clean.

Once that was done, the clouds lifted, the rain stopped, the sun came out & it was time for a walk.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the pleasant sunshine.

A buzzard & a red kite were spotted slope soaring on the way up to the res.

Cleared some drains as a public service to get some of the streams of water off the road.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The pong of Cillit Bang is quite strong in here after the cleaning frenzy.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: Chinese woman with 4 different identities and a chap with similar: taking Uni extrance exams for other people: refused entry.

Silly Vancover lady with a long term addiction to morphine: refused entry for concealing said morphine, ephedrine & ganga.

Rather than toy pianos made from compressed contac nt, today's ephedrine was in coffee hot plates, all 6.5kg of it.

The inspection of the tanked garage has revealed that water is ingressing via the bits I didn't manage to tank, well there's a surprise, not.

Most of the rest of it seems relatively successful considering the amount of rain over the last couple of days.

If I can figure out a way to reach the remaining part of the wall it should be mostly good.

Further Entertainment: more tidying of the front room "office" junkroom: an ancient box with a 21" CRT monitor (unmovable at my advanced years) proved to still work, which was a surprise.

The monitor spent ages flashing over from somewhere or other on the crt which was amusing enough, once it had warmed up it seemed happy enough.

Found a box of A4 paper I'd forgotten about and yet more books.

Tea: the last of the roast lamb with carrots & onions, I must have done something right coz it was Very Nice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charlton "From My Cold Dead Hands" Heston.

Joy of Sleeping Painting. Only on 3 time this week, no more until Monday.

The Repair Shop thing though "watching it" would be an exaggeration.

Samuel L. "Mother****er" Jackson's Slave thing: this week about the American Civil War: ditto.

A bit of Dr Pimplepopper once that became too tedious.

Now Dr. Mercy: a poor lady with some fecking hideous boil / pustule disease HS (Hidradenitis suppurativa), and a chap with more neurofibromatosis tumours than one could possibly shake the proverbial stick at.

The wonders of being poor in Septic Land.

Feck me, I diagnosed that wrong: he's got xanthoma disseminatum and the disease progressed over the last 4 years from looking normal to his current condition.

A young lady with hyperhydrosis.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2021, 21:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Extremely dark, grey, rainy day out

Currently 14°C, maybe getting to 17° later, with barometers down to 991/999mB; and possible thunderstorms predicted for much of the morning

Vaccine-wise: arm is very sore where it went in, which is par for the course. I feel fairly OK, if not 100%; pretty decent night's sleep too

Comment

Morning all

Dark and wet, there was much rain overnight but no current precipitation. Currently 16 degrees and that's the high for the day. Thunderstorms forecast this morning with a chance of a bit of sunshine this afternoon before the rain returns. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

Will be testing my string solution this morning. Sadly the only person who will be impressed is on holiday until next week.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The All-England Lawn Tennis Club announce that from 2019 tie breaks will be introduced at 12 -12 to decide sets at Wimbledon 2018

Comment

Morning all

After the overnight storms, the sky is clearing here.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Extremely dark, grey, rainy day out

Currently 14°C, maybe getting to 17° later, with barometers down to 991/999mB; and possible thunderstorms predicted for much of the morning
            Scrub that, sun's come out

Comment

A round of lavishly buttered wholemeal toast for breakfast, or whatever one calls a snack taken at this time of morning

Comment

I had two boiled eggs and a toasted, buttered muffin as late breakfast. The eggs were a tiny bit over done (not dippy) but actually the perfect consistency for scooping out and putting onto the muffin without wearing the yolk.

Comment

Still sunny out, but also raining fairly heavily

Chicken soup has been started in the InstantPot™. Not certain yet, but I think this one will be a chicken and barley with tarragon, rather than a tomato-fuelled one

Comment

Thunderstorm!

Comment

Soup is on to phase two

The thunder and lightning seems to have passed for now, but it's very dark and the rain continues to be heavy

Comment

Working...
                      X