• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nearly time for the Apple Event. I'm hoping there's a new Mac Mini with a gazillion cores. It's MyCo's year end this month, so I can justify shelling out a couple of grand to bring the tax bill down a bit

New MacBook Air wouldn't come amiss either
    No joy

The new MacBook Pros are phenomenal, but I'm not sure I actually need one… I prefer the Air as a laptop. Could get the Air with an M1 chip, but now we know what the next gen chips can do, I'd prefer to wait until there's one with those; same for the Mac Mini

Suppose I'll just have to pay tax and take more in dividends instead

Comment

Tea: reheated roast chicken leg, wing, and a bit of breast with the rest of the skin; all with chips

Plenty left for soup; I must get around to doing that tomorrow

Comment

Feel a bit under the weather again, as if the lurgy is trying to stage a comeback

Begone, foul lurgy!

Comment

Bin trundled.

Nonsense not worthy of comment watched on the idiot box.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

No joy

The new MacBook Pros are phenomenal, but I'm not sure I actually need one… I prefer the Air as a laptop. Could get the Air with an M1 chip, but now we know what the next gen chips can do, I'd prefer to wait until there's one with those; same for the Mac Mini

Suppose I'll just have to pay tax and take more in dividends instead
            I can't see either of the M1 Pro and Max chips ending up in a macbook air - look at the PSU power supplies to see their power consumption.

I suspect the macbook air won't be updated until the M2 appears in say June next year

And I really should get one to create a safari version of a chrome and firefox addon I wrote.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Telly was a bit of the repairing things programme

Still got a slight headache, but it seems to be receding

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Windy and overcast out. I think part of the mower "shed" rood has blown off. That'll be on the job list for later.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It's definitely getting darker of a morning. Overcast and dull. Signs of overnight rain. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 19. The sun is allegedly going to make an appearance before it rains this evening. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Sleepy this morning.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Illusionist David Blane ends his 44 day stunt of sitting in a glass box by the River Thames without food 2003

Comment

Morning.

UnDry. Wet wet wet wet wet.

Grey. Very grey.

Windy. Too many beans.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Warmer at 18 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 in Hg, 754.5 Torr, 73% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Freecell score: 100%(of 7). Running average 84%.

TV Times purchased on the trip out through the ongoing deluge.

The assembled congregation will, no doubt, be pleased to know that the tanking of the garage is about 98% successful, apart from the new leak where water found its way through the part I couldn't quite reach to form a puddle on the floor.

Ho hum, more to do there then, just aw well there's 3/4 of a bag left.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: a couple of Russian "students" suspected as intending to work as hookers, an unfortunate Oz Green tree snake which didn't survive. Poor old thing isn't even venomous. Must be the only thing in Oz that isn't.

A Chinese couple attempting to smuggle birds' nests concealed in bedding.

Back on the plane they go, missing the birth of a grandchild. Oh Dear(tm), How Sad, Never MInd.

A toy grand piano made of compressed Contac NT pseudoephedrine. (The 2nd one they've shown) 3.4 kg.

A toasted sandwich maker full of same.

A UK nutjob who reckons ganga isn't a drug, it's a plant.

Back on the plane he goes.

Some weird Chinese stuffed animals: multiheaded budgie, duckling, three headed chick.

Must have been downrange of the Chinese nuclear tests, or close to one of their wonderful nuclear power stations.

Forgot the Bulgarian card skimmer who got sent back.

Since the deluge continues, some potching took place in the "office" cum dumping ground.

Some slight progress was made in the increasingly vain attempt to achieve a little order.

Oh, and I found the Lidl(tm) thermometer thing, WTF it was doing put where it was is quite quite beyond me.

I also found a shedloard of dust masks, reading what I'd written on the cardboard box would have helped no end last week when I was looking for them.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering John Wayne: another examination of his career, including a mention of "The Conqueror", the film that killed so many people.

Joy of Painting: a seascape: quite effective.

Making Tracks on Mars: the history of Nasa's exploration of Mars.

The Rookie S1 E5.

1000 years of slavery.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2021, 19:18.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It's a grey day out after a damp night, although I don't believe it's actually raining right now. Currently a balmy 18°C which is as much as we'll get; rain expected to return this evening. Barometers down at 1001/1008mB

I had a moderately unsettled night's sleep, possibly caused by the lurking lurgy. Temperature is normal at the moment though, so maybe I just need to take it easy until I'm sure it's gone. Anyway, I hope said temperature remains in the right range as I'm supposed to be getting my covid booster this afternoon. Don't want to be made to do the diseased walk of shame from Boots if they scan me on arrival and it's too high

Comment

Working...
                      X