• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

plenty of firms will come and change the battery while you wait for a reasonable all in price.
    I'll do it myself as and when I get around to it - there's two car parts shops within a couple of minutes' walk, and it only takes me a few minutes to swap it out now

Comment

A shorter than usual walk has been fairly briskly walked; together with the freebies from running up and down stairs on battery-related matters and going shopping, the green ring has been closed

I did consider doing the full walk, but by the time I'd made it to the top of the side road I'd decided to just go to the chemist; definitely not on full form yet

But once I'd collected the prescription, I didn't feel too bad, so I took the long and partly-uphill way back; that was quite enough to be going on with

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: the usual selection of Chinese with suitcases & trunks full of "food", most of which is indiscribable .
        I caught a bit of, I think, a Canadian one yesterday. There was some bloke at an airport who was brought in for a luggage search, but when they opened one of his cases he immediately said "That's not my bag!" and claimed he must have taken the wrong one off the carousel.

They were justifiably sceptical, pointing out that it was a distinctive bright blue colour, further secured by lime green rope wrapped around it like a parcel, and what were the chances of there being an identical bag on the same flight? But he kept insisting that no, this wasn't his bag even though it appeared identical to his, and nothing in there had anything to do with him.

So finally they went back out to the carousel with him… and there was exactly the same bright blue suitcase, tied in exactly the same way with the same shade of lime green rope, but this one had his luggage label on it

And although I didn't catch it all, I gather nothing dodgy was found in either of the bags and there was no reason to suppose he knew the owner of the identical bag he'd accidentally taken - unlikely as it seems, it really was just a coincidence

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Shopping was accomplished!
          Did M&S ever produce a coat for you? Maybe I missed that update.

Comment

Slip inside the eye of your mind
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Much has been achieved today. It's quite amazing what I can accomplish when suitably motivated.

Comment

Don't you know you might find

Comment

A better place to play

Comment

You said that you'd never been

Comment

But all the things that you've seen

Comment

Working...
                      X