• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all CBS, etc here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's turned sunny out, suggesting this will be one of those days when the weather does the opposite of the forecast

Speaking of weather, I'm feeling a little under it today. Nothing specific, just generally a bit run down and out of sorts

But I've still managed to get Scotch broth on the go in the slow cooker. Shoulder bones and veg in there for six hours or so, then I'll remove the bones and add the remaining meat (of which there is a lot) together with the mix of pulses and grains and so on, and let it simmer for a further four hours or so. Looking forward to a big bowl of that tonight

Comment

Cloudy again. But the soup continues to simmer, and I've got the mundane laundry done

Comment

Lunch was leftovers! This time some of the veg curry (tempered with some yoghurt) and a bit of the chicken HWMBO cooked on Saturday.

Comment

Lunch has been beef scouse with sesame bloomer

I'm increasingly of the belief that I have a cold

Nose is slightly runny, I'm occasionally hacking up a bit of phlegm, and I have a bit of a headache. And I just had a go on the thermometer, which has me 1°C above normal

Comment

Unclean! Unclean!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Unclean! Unclean!
                Indeed

Comment

Scotch broth has been deboned, veg blended, pulses and legumes and so on boiled (the packet warns they MUST be boiled for ten minutes before being used in a slow cooker; I assume they're poisonous otherwise) and chucked in, and the meat chopped and added

There's so much of it all that it threatened to overflow if I put everything in there. So a couple of nice thick chunks of lamb were kept unchopped, reheated in the microwave, and guzzled down to tide me over until the soup's ready at about 21:00

Comment

It's raining, but there was a hiatus which gave me time to get the kitchen bin bag out to the bins.

My temperature's still higher than it should be but seems to have come down a little, which I shall attribute to the healing power of scouse

Comment

The Scotch broth turned out really well, accompanied by a bit of multiseed bread

I did wonder earlier if I might have put a bit too much pepper in it. But I've developed something of a taste for pepper, and although it was definitely peppery, I'd say it was just right

Six further portions left, ready to go in the freezer after they've had a night in the fridge. Though I might have one for lunch tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X