• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This may be of interest to some - the workings behind Pong with a circuit diagram that lights up as you play.

https://falstad.com/pong/vonly.html

Fun to play but easier to put on autoplay if you want to see the real action.
    Very cool!

Comment

Having given the matter a great deal more thought than it probably deserves, I've decided not to go to the Chinese tonight

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan. Very nice

Comment

Although I was looking up dhal recipes earlier, I ended up making a spinach, chickpea and tomato concoction that turned out edible. There's a couple of portions chilling in the fridge ready for freezing tomorrow and a smaller portion that'll be good for lunch.

Ents was a couple of episodes of The Curse of Oak Island followed by a few episodes of Elementary S6. I had stopped watching it because something shinier came along and I figured I may as well finish off the last two seasons.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Witch (2015), in which life in colonial New England seems unpleasant enough that you wonder why anybody bothered moving there. It's not a fast-paced zingy thing, going more for brooding menace and general bleakness, but I thought it was very good

And then a rewatch of The Truman Show (1998) which is still excellent

Apart from anything else, I like the idea of a TV show that has Philip Glass just sitting there in the studio waiting to provide impromptu piano fills as needed

And finally, The Americans S5E11, Dyatkovo (TV Episode 2017) - one of those that starts out pretty mellow, carries on much the same way, but culminates in some very brutal stuff

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all. After yesterdays quite warm day, woken by a thunderstorm. At its peak about 1 lighting flash per second. Watching a real time lightning map it's interesting to see how we don't hear some strikes due to hills being in the way, but others which are further off we do hear. Calming down now.

Film last night was Just Mercy. Such a first rate story that the second rate dialog doesn't detract.

Water temperature
              Birs 14.3 °C
              Rhein 18.3 °C

Temperature 17.6 °C
              Sunshine 0 of 10 min
              Precipitation 84 mm/h
              Wind speed 20 km/h
              Wind direction NW
              Wind gusts 80 km/h
              Relative humidity 88%
              Pressure 980 hPa
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Having given the matter a great deal more thought than it probably deserves, I've decided not to go to the Chinese tonight
                Truly, it is The End Times.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                a few episodes of Elementary S6. I had stopped watching it because something shinier came along and I figured I may as well finish off the last two seasons.
                I found S7 rather less than gripping in parts.

Oddly I thought I hadn't watched S6 but in the event I must have watched it somewhere sometime.

It's rather strange that the end of some series leaves a feeling of "Thank feck that's over" whilst others leave a sense of loss.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 19.3 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 74% RH.

Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitisied and put away.

No petrol queues were detected, though it was early.

It's attempting to rain.

Lunch: roast chicken & sausage, forgot the roast onion & roasties so I had those afterwards , a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It rained.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Entertainment: DSOTM.

"Monte Walsh (1970)" with that Lee Marvin chap and that Jack Palance chap, and that Michael "Let's be careful out there" Conrad chap in a bit part.

I think I've seen it before since bits seem familiar, which isn't really surprising.

And, in other news, at 19:18, it's practically dark. Winter draws on. It's all downhill from here on in until the days start getting longer on the 23rd of December.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

"Am Dro" at 20:00 on S4C: Merthyr, Aberystwyth, Talgarth, & Llanrwst.

One of the contestants had an inneresting career in burlesque.

"Endeavour" E3: "Terminus" at 21:00 on ITV1+1. Snowy. Obviously in The Before Times when we had snow & stuff.

It's chucking it down.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 September 2021, 21:35.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Couldn't see much on TV last night so thought I'd give Hetty Wainthrop Investigates (Sweaty Bumdrops Investigates in xoggoth terminology) a go. Watched it once before and not too bad. Turned out to be the same episode I'd watched before.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but reasonably bright nonetheless, and dry. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 forecast. Thunderstorms also forecast around the 1300 and 1400 hours. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Slept well enough. I must have had a strange dream as I woke with the feeling of 'did that happen?' but I don't recall the details.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    ITV period drama 'Downton Abbey' premiers in the UK 2010

Comment

Oi Fizzy Knickers! Why does one need to refresh again and again to see this thread?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X