• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's a reasonably pleasant morning out there, though by the time I got back, the clouding over seemed rather more advanced than had been forecast

The recycling bin hadn't been emptied when I got back!

I assume they've switched to their autumn schedule, if that's how it works. Anyway, our bin's twin was out there still empty from last week, and as nobody else has seen fit to claim it in all that time, I brought that one in instead. TBH they're interchangeable and take turns being "our" bin depending on which has been left closest to the main gate at emptying time, or which has been grabbed by someone else by the time I get out there

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with patches of blue as the fluff scurries along. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 22 expected and the cloud cover dissipating over the course of the morning. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

A neighbour was having a soiree last night so getting to sleep was somewhat thwarted. There was much shouting and screeching as they were all too drunk to hear themselves or each other. It all came to a rather abrupt stop shortly after midnight which makes me think someone complained. Technically, according to the head lease and replicated in the rental documents, 'quiet time' is between 11pm and 7am.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The inaugural running of the 'St. Ledger Stakes' is held at Cantley Common in Doncaster 1776
      Last edited by ladymuck; 24 September 2021, 09:00. Reason: aargh! a typo!

Comment

Morning all
        TFIF, etc.

The earlier mist is clearing and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Misty.

Moist.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Cool at 18.5 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.47 Torr, 73% RH.

Friday according to the wireless.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Shirts out of the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol wherein which one J. Clarkson makes an appearance (2009).

MAFF are busily inspecting his cars.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the bannisters.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Drizzle returning.

Jeans & cords in the WM.

I thought it was about time.

Might just go down to the garage for a quick potch, see if I can get that old cupboard thing out of the way so I can put Yet More Shelves up.

Jeans & cords out of the WM & into the TD.

House roughly vacced with the recently washed filter so the Vax is back in "stick it to the ceiling" mode again.

'Tis a mistake to wash the filter it makes the thing far too enthusiastic.

Jeans & cords out of the TD.

All done for another week.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the rest of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Grace Kelly.

The last 35 minute of "The League of Gentlemen (1959)" with that Jack Hawkins & Richard Attenborough et al.

Abandoned Engineering: The Taman Festival Park in Bali.

Some Belgian fort that was resoundingly fecked by Adolph & co using gliders & shaped charges.

The West Virginia Hotel with a bomb shelter beneath: The Greenbrier Bunker: now remember folks, duck & cover whilst Congress shelters under a fecking mountain 50 feet of dirt and a new wing of the hotel.

Palestinian Council Building Abu Dis.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84%.

It was going well until the last game.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2021, 21:25.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            TFIF, etc.

The earlier mist is clearing and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here.
            Blue skies, light breeze, high wispy clouds here.

etc.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The security people spotted that there were a couple of outdated dependencies of a library used in our build process. As they're only used for that, they were willing to grant a temporary exemption until we can upgrade it, which isn't going to happen any time soon as it's too much hassle.

For some reason I got dragged in to the discussion on Slack and asked what we could propose as a review date. I just said "My contract ends next Thursday, so any time after that"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I just said "My contract ends next Thursday, so any time after that"
                I made that mistake at AB Automotive Electronics & suffered a five week extension because of it.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just remembered that my jerrycan for the lawnmowers is almost empty. Not sure how good a look it will be driving to Tesco to fill it up.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with an end bit of wholemeal

Comment

Walked up to the high street to visit the optician's and book an appointment for an eye test.

Then popped into Wilko for Pink StuffTM and other random things.

Then along to Waitrose for a mooch, coming out with gin, white port, biscuits and chocolate.

It's a gorgeous, warm day out there. Verging on the 'hot' side.

Comment

Working...
                      X