• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Zen Chury Om.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold. 18.6 deg in here & colder outside judging by the condensation on the windows.

1020.5 mBar, 30.14 in Hg, 765.4 Torr, 73% RH.

Monday.

Surprisingly decent night's sleep without waking at sparrow fart for a change.

I wonder how long the CBS will last, this being Wales, like.

Telex machine pretty grimy this morning.

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

Lunch: an unbulged can of Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol.

Another trip to B&Q wherein a 10% old fart B&Q Club discount was received, all £2 of it.

More work done on the cable installation towards the garage, getting closer, nearly knackered the chuck on the hammer drill since the damn thing didn't seem to like the 25mm bit.

I've decided I'll use Strangelove Pater's rather more meaty hammer drill for the next hole, it's been unused for about 8 years or so.

If that one isn't up to the job, then I'll break out one of the sds drills instead.

Those mofos are quite impressive.

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Mel Gibson.

Great British Railway Journeys with a remarkably colourful Mr Portillo, going from Newport, Monmouthshire, to Yatton across the water.

Joy of Painting. Om. A higher state of being was achieved. I didn't like the painting much, too dark.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84% (84.16something).

Curse of Oak Island S8 E3 "If the ox shoes fit". Not gripping. Apparently the Chinese looking coin might just be a Chinese looking coin.

NCIS S17 E11 "In the wind". Bye bye Ziva.

Thing about Stonehenge, drumming, acoustics, occupied the time until bed time without showing much of innerest.

For a change there was an archaeological person who I'd seen previously.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 September 2021, 07:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

The sun has just risen over the shops opposite, and it seems it will be with us for much or all of the day. Currently 10°C rising to 20° this afternoon, barometers distinctly up at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Cloudy but dry out. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Cloud cover looks like it may dissipate as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Far too many emails in my work mailbox. I suspect most don't need to be read.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Teenager Greta Thunberg leads students from 185 countries to stage the world's largest-ever protest on climate change 2019

Comment

Morning all

Dry & sunny out.
          Tree surgeons were due at 9am. They arrived just before 8. Already taken down one 10m Leylandi, now they are working on the big ones.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have absolutely no enthusiasm for any of the stuff I'm doing this morning

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was some mini sausage rolls that were disappointingly unsatisfying.

Comment

Lunch seems so long ago, but I recall it being herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

It's been a fairly frustrating day. Once I got stuck in this morning my enthusiasm started to return; I just needed a couple of PRs merged and I could get on with something interesting.

Cue the usual situation of the other guy saying, effectively, "I know your code works and passes all tests and has been correctly formatted according to the automated tool, but I'm now going to object to an incredibly minor thing in this test on, effectively, stylistic grounds" and failing to approve the PR involved until that utterly irrelevant nit, which at a pinch might possibly result in saving a few nanoseconds when the tests are run, was addressed

And, indeed, then failed to notice for about three hours that this had been done, even posting an additional message that once it had been, he'd approve it

For reference, the few nanoseconds saved - hell, let's imagine the worst and say it saves as much as half-a-millisecond - has prevented the runtime of the entire test suite, including browser tests, from being drastically extended by that duration beyond its current *checks notes* fourteen minutes

Comment

Breakfast. Coffee, grapefruit juice, tea.
                    Lunch. Bratwurst, one slice of bread with peanut butter on it, tea.
                    Dinner. Roast duck in wraps with various sauces, pickled turnip, cucumber, lettuce and spring onion.

Was going to go the gym, but just as I set out, I remembered that I said I'd go to the supermarket for a few essentials, so did that instead. Splashed out on some digestives (McVities, natch), so will have something to dunk in my coffee later.

Been overcast and about 18°C today. A little bit of rain. Expected to pick up over the week with sun and temperatures in the low 20s.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I didn't bother with a coat as it's supposed to be 21°C out there. However, with the sun getting lower, a fair amount of the walk is now in shade at this time, and there was a breeze that, while not very strong, seemed rather cold

But no bother, as I soon warmed up

Comment

Working...
                      X