• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company accounts been driving me nuts, had a £1500+ error, but fortunately located the link cockup. Now down to £107, can live with that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And before that, lunch was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

And before that, a busy morning. This gig ends two weeks today, though, so it's bound to get a bit hectic

Comment

Afternoon all

Back home, where it's dry and sunny and fluffy cloud about. It's 23 degrees, the high for the day, and my barometer is at 1018 mBar.

Arrived home about 11 am after a good flight and uneventful drive home. Needed a nap before attempting unpacking and laundry sorting.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Lady Mary Worth's comedy play 'Love's Victory' premiers 400 years after it was written, Penshurt Place, Kent 2018

Comment

Still sunny out, though it should cloud over later and get back to a greyness appropriate for the time of year for at least a few days

Comment

First load of laundry primarily comprised smalls and is pegged out to dry. The second load is the whites.

More laundry to be done tomorrow as I CBA to do more today.

Malaysian food ordered in for dinner.

Comment

The car, which tried to start but couldn't quite manage it, has been jumpstarted with the little battery pack and taken for a charging run, after which I popped into Sainsbury's. Many people still wearing masks; a higher proportion, I think, than in Iceland, to which I popped the other day for some milk. But too many without

Anyway, I only needed a few bits but ended up with many more, as is the way of these things. Lots of it is useful non-perishable stuff though, like kitchen roll and stuff, and some things I got because they've been missing the last few times, so I might as well get them while they're available. Not too many gaps on the shelves, though

With a bit of luck, the next time I need to go there will be after the gig's over in two weeks, when I can go at a quiet time in the day

Now to get dinner on… something out of the freezer, because soup

Comment

Tea turned out to be battered chunky haddock with chips and beans

It'll be getting busy out soon, for there has been football. Gridlock coming this way as I headed out, so shortly there'll be gridlock going the other way. Not my problem

Comment

Just watched Help on C4.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly has been the rest of the thing about Guy Burgess, then the start of Storyville - Silk Road: Drugs, Death and the Dark Web

Soon be Friday! The recycling bin was trundled when I went for my walk at lunchtime. With a bit of luck it will have been emptied when I set off for my walk tomorrow morning, and I need to pick up the monthly prescription whilst out there too. So it's a busy day ahead before I even get started on work

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

The forecast cloudy start is actually sunny, or will be once the sun drags itself above the level of the roofs opposite. However, this aberration should be corrected around 9am

Chillier start than we've seen for a while too: currently 11°C, though with a high this afternoon of 21°; barometers down a bit at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Working...
                      X