• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A preliminary rum tasting went well.

My favourite was the Clarke's Court Black Gold which is a more golden rum than a dark one. Clarke's is local to Grenada.

The local tipple is Antoine River rum (a 168 proof white rum) with Ting. We are going to try that tomorrow.

On Monday the chap who runs the rum and cigar bar will return so he will give us a masterclass on all things rum.

TFBSZ (even though it's not yet 10 pm)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      TFBSZ (even though it's not yet 10 pm)
      Fair enough if you're still starting on the booze before 10am

Tonight's major world cinema premiere was Battle Royale (2000), a Japanese film in which an obstreperous class of schoolchildren find themselves taken to an island where they must battle to the death until only one remains; so a bit like The Hunger Games without the pageantry. Very violent, but very good

And then a bit of an Amanda Seyfried binge with rewatches of In Time (2011) and Anon (2018), both of which are excellent

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Greyish.

Wanly sunny.

Cooler at 20.3 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 73% RH.

Sunday.

Fecking hideous dream that woke me at 04:36.

Dozing resumed eventually since it was rather too early to give up and get up.

Shopping trip to Morrisons and Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Roast chicken and sausage duly roasted, served up, & eaten, a red corner yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cumberland sausage this week IIRC.

Very toothsome.

Still grey here.

Once I've done the dishes, it'll be time for a nice walk.

Walk walked in the greyness of the afternoon.

Makes a change from a walk in the greyness of the forenoon.

Entertainment: "Secret History of WWII: D Day".

Tea: Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty (not as nice as usual), Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (the end of last week's loaf seems fresher than this weeks), bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Secret History of WWII".

Endeavour S8 E1 "'striker": bomb, football, Irish. 1971.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2021, 20:09.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B07A72D-FA49-4B6D-B857-F720AD25DFAE.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	701.3 KB
ID:	4182191Nice to see NLUK has his day planned out

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

One does not drink scotch in the Grenadines. I'm only drinking gin because it's a by product of rum (ahem, honest) and I don't like things going to waste...
            Properly taking one for the team!

Greta would be proud!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all (it's 0810)

Coming to you from our breakfast table by the beach this time.

It's dry, humid, sunny with fluffy cloud. It's 30 degrees ('feels like' 36) with a high of 32 later. Humidity is 78%.

Having gotten a bit more sun than I'd like yesterday, I will be taking it easy but even in the shade I'm turning lobster.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Archaeologists announce the discovery of a 73,000 year-old human drawing in 'Blombos Cave', South Africa 2018

Comment

Sand can reflect about 25% of UV radiation and may increase UV expo- sure on the beach.

Slip slap slop as those amusing Australians are wont to say, apparently, when they're not chundering due to the raw prawn.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

The weather continues greyly, currently at the high for the day of 20°C with the barometers up a little at 1011/1019mB. Chance of showers in a few hours too

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread

The broth turned out very nice, but I think it's better when made in the slow cooker.

Comment

Nice tea: gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans

Accompanied by the remaining bit of Ambulance

Just as I finished, an ambulance appeared and turned up the side road. So being nosy, I popped out the back and had a look up the road to see if it was going to any of the people I know from the Neighbourhood Watch. But as I'd expected, it was by the small hotel that these days is primarily used as B&B accommodation by the council, outside which one can occasionally observe not particularly surreptitious deals going on

Meanwhile in Monkey Life, the pandemic has arrived and the park has been closed. Apparently many of the apes and monkeys enjoy interacting with the visitors and appear a little taken aback that there suddenly aren't any. So they're curious to see how it affects them, and quite possibly interactions within their groups, in the long term

Comment

Working...
                      X