• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 31 degrees ('feels like' 39) but the pool is lovely. I didn't manage to swim all 100m in one go.

Comment

Tea has been a bowl of lamb scouse, with a thick end of sesame bloomer

Accompanied, appropriately enough, by the rest of the Le Creuset factory programme

I've decided I can't be bothered making the Scotch broth tonight, so I'll make it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It's 31 degrees ('feels like' 39) but the pool is lovely. I didn't manage to swim all 100m in one go.
        That's over 100 yards!

Comment

Just saw this on the BBC website - is this why Doctor strangelove retired in a hurry?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58502963
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Just saw this on the BBC website - is this why Doctor strangelove retired in a hurry?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58502963
            I couldn't possibly comment, other than to say they obviously didn't go to Ye Olde or Newe Sloughe of Desponde.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More telly tonight was another factory programme, about mattresses this time

It's raining off and on. According to the forecast it'll stop soon, then resume in the morning when I want to go for my walk

Despite that, I shall still go, so it's time for an early night.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start; not sure if there was much rain overnight, but it's dry for now and the showers forecast for the morning have been pushed back to this afternoon

Currently 17°C and not expected to get beyond 21°, with barometers ever so slightly up at 1000/1008mB; and there seems to be a light breeze

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

No inbound trundle as there was no outbound one, due to the recycling bin being empty when I checked it yesterday; I forgot to check again later, so if there were any last-minute deposits, they'll be there for a week now

Along the way, it seems that whoever drank all the Carling during the recent football tournament is a bit of a lightweight when there's no sporting event to egg them on. But the household further along that road that always has a strong showing with Carlsberg and some kind of, I think, Polish or Czech lager is maintaining their unbroken run of filling their orange sack almost entirely with empty beverage containers, leavened this week with a few green bottles which I think are also some form of East European or Balkan booze

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Very grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Warmish at 22.1 deg in here.

1004 and a bit mBar, 29.65 and a bit in Hg, 73% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

There was much hammering and suchlike on the road yesterday which turned out to be some oik up on a cherrypicker changing the lumenaires on the lamp posts.

The old ones were bright.

The new ones are dim and give out a really odd sort of light.

Ho hum.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and awaiting the iRon.

Entertainment: some ancient NZ Border Security: the one with the Chinese duck tongues etc. and the very upset Israeli chap who failed to declare fruit: don't pass go: $200.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Excitement in NZ: a power cut caused by a car taking out a power pole.

Power back on: and Elmer's back.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, two non corner yogs that I found at the back of the fridge, BBE 01/09 but they tasted ok & the fridge is frigid, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts roughly iRoned, though I do seem to be getting a bit betterer at it.

Cottons out of the TD.

Everything airing in the appropriate places.

Stone me, the garage consumer unit I bought the other day seems a bit more complicated than things Used To Be, back in the day.

Had to watch a video to remind how the feck you wire them up.

The idea of a busbar seems a bit over the top to me but there you go.

Just as well there's a flimsy bit of plastic to cover it considering it's the Live.

Still haven't decided what to do about the lack of wall between the end of said wall & the pigsty.

I might have to put a new bit of wall in there to have sommat to clip the cable onto.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod (or was it haddock?), some peach slices, a yog (BBE 20/9), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Peter Ustinov :

Thing about Johnny Cash's song "Hurt".

Abandoned Engineering: abandoned fort in the gulf of Mexico, a building in Bulgaria used by the Great Leader, a Nazi submarine factory with a 20 feet thick concrete roof, Australian island in Sydney harbour that used to be a large dock.

Elementary S7 E10 "The latest model", reasonable.

Some more nonsense on Blaze, this time about the JFK conspiracy theories.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 September 2021, 21:30.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ominous news. It appears that right at the start of the project, a fundamental aspect of the data may have either never been mentioned or just somehow missed. Although we were able to come up with several possible ways of addressing the problem during an emergency brainstorming session, they'd all take time, and we only have fifteen days left including today. And work to fill all that time is already mapped out

So now it's possible that they may have to seek yet another extension

On the other hand, we might be able to squeeze it in. Things are still a bit confused at the moment, so we'll just have to wait and see whether, three weeks from now, I'll be enjoying my first day of bench time or not

Comment

Working...
                      X