• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well Missions got off to a reasonable start. Someone died and the computer that runs the life support failed.
    Cheers, will add it to the list

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      soon be autumn
      According to the Met Office it already is.

Morning.

Dry.

Impenetrably grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dank should turn up soon.

Cool at 19.1 deg in here.

1028 mBar, 30.36 in Hg, 71% RH.

Tuesday Wednesday.

Odd dreams again.

Probably spurred by that book about Nathaniel's Nutmeg that I finished reading last night.

Walk walked up to the res & back.

Said res is slowly filling back up.

When the rains start it'll be full in no time at all.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (84.13%).

Looks like Car SOS has finished its run on More4.

Never mind, the NZ customs thing is on in a minute.

In other news: 5 more buckets of apples consigned to the compost heap making a grand total of 46 and a bit.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

NZ customs not very inneresting: no frog fat, just a bunch of Frogs on a boat with undeclared ciggies and onions, plus a noo yorker with 21 grams of ganja taped to his balls..

Canadian customs: marginally more inneresting, but not by much.

Who knew that pitbulls are so expensive.

Goodness me, a bulk freighter refused to let the customs on board coz "they thought they were pirates".

A pirate ship with a blue light on the top instead of a skull & crossbones.

Some poor Russian chap getting excluded coz he's been arrested fifteen times for protesting in the democratic republic of Russia.

Changed the hasp on the tinshed door since the existing one seemed to be verging on the useless if you tugged the handle hard enough, so now it's replete with an very 2nd hand one I found in a pile of ancient junk in the other shed next door.

Next door the other way has bought himself a petrol strimmer, but the quiet of the neighbourhood is blessed by its failure to start.

For which, much thanks, since I've been known to sit in here (or hear) with ear defenders on when next door but one is busily strimming his property.

No more Trucking Hell S4 for some reason, now it's The World's Strongest Man which is of zero innerest to me.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ronald Colman.

Joy of Painting.

Canals: the making of a nation: Engineering: or how to build a canal and invent Civil Engineering as a profession.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback: Welsh Identity.

Our Gareth and his wife on the Swanse, Tennant, and Neath Canals.

Dr Pimplepopper: the girl with the Spock ears.

<spoiler> the Dr cuts them off </spoiler> in case if upsets the sensitive mofo.

Elementary S7 E4 "Red light, green light" E3 "The price of admission"

^^^It's Wednesday not Thursday apparently.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2021, 20:36.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

There's a bit of blue poking through the fluff this morning. It's 16 degrees with a high expected of 18. No precipitation expected. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Daily inspection of my chillies reveals a nice crop is developing. My orange habaneros only have two fruits at present but there's still some robust looking flowers that will hopefully turn into peppers rather than fall off.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Co-found and CEO of 'Twitter' Jack Dorsey has his Twitter account hacked 2019

Kantar failed to observe that yesterday was the anniversary of Princess Diana's death. No doubt Express readers were suitably outraged.

Comment

Morning all

There's a bit of blue poking through the fluff this morning. It's 16 degrees with a high expected of 18. No precipitation expected. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Daily inspection of my chillies reveals a nice crop is developing. My orange habaneros only have two fruits at present but there's still some robust looking flowers that will hopefully turn into peppers rather than fall off.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Co-found and CEO of 'Twitter' Jack Dorsey has his Twitter account hacked 2019

Kantar failed to observe that yesterday was the anniversary of Princess Diana's death. No doubt Express readers were suitably outraged.
          Which means 24 years ago yesterday we were house hunting followed by the world's most annoying journey back down south.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

According to the Met Office it already is.
            They're just weirdoes though. I'll stick with the Equinox

Comment

They just look out the window.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I notice that house spiders are starting to invade the house. Fortunately I like little spiders, don't have that phobia that some have.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been a bacon butty (wholemeal bread), and exceedingly nice it was too

There was a sudden, rather heavy, unforecast shower while I was eating it. But it soon passed and there's no more predicted, though it remains quite gloomy out

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I notice that house spiders are starting to invade the house. Fortunately I like little spiders, don't have that phobia that some have.
                    I don't mind smaller spiders but there is a bit of a threshold above which I get the eebie jeebies. I tend to chuck them out the window if I can bring myself to catch them, or I try to ignore them in the hope they move on out of sight.

Comment

I don't mind smaller spiders but there is a bit of a threshold above which I get the eebie jeebies. I tend to chuck them out the window if I can bring myself to catch them, or I try to ignore them in the hope they move on out of sight.
                      There are some big lads and lasses out there now. Had one that covered a wine glass we repatriated to the veg garden, apparently the girls were uncomfortable sharing the bathroom with "big Boy"!

ents yesterday was pacific cove a tale of flipping, adultery & murder (not crow related) not terrible but don't rush out and buy it.

Solos was good on Prime disappointed with Morgan Freemans story - naff script. The time contact and the bird in the bubble were good.
                      Last edited by vetran; 1 September 2021, 20:57.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X