• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's season 6 of Oak Island done with.

There's rumours of a 9th season. When will the madness end?

Comment

The only telly tonight was a bit of a C4 paramedic thing whilst dining. I've mostly been reading The Buy Side, "A Wall Street trader's tale of spectacular excess". Pretty good as these things go

And now I'm going to get an early night, for I am tired, and looking forward to a good night's sleep and a lie-in tomorrow. Catches up with you, this getting up to work in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. No rain yet but it's due pretty much all day. Currently 17 degrees and it might get up to 19. Barometer up a touch to 1016 mBar.

Off to the hairdresser after I've had my coffee. Probably best I take a brolly.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        At 12 noon 'Big Ben' chimes for the last time before a four year restoration process of its tower starts 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Well that's season 6 of Oak Island done with.

There's rumours of a 9th season. When will the madness end?
          When they find the Ark of the Covenant, Shakespeare's manuscripts, and Marie Antoinette's jewels, with the odd Knights Templar Holy Grail thrown in for good measure, like.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreary.

Wet as the proverbial otter's pocket.

Sunless.

Grey sky.

Feels chilly at 20 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 73% RH.

Saturday.

Strangely ennervated today & everything is aching.

After a musical sort of morning:

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The overwhelming greyness has lifted slightly, so maybe a trudge through the damp may prove possible a little later.

I note that the ears are ringing slightly, possibly the wick got turned up a little too much.

Since the grey went away & the sun came out, walk got walked.

More hacking down of trees & hedges ongoing on the lane up the hill, all very rough work.

Once I've cooled down a little it'll be time to cook the next batches of chilli and bol.

The time goes so quickly.

Seems like only yesterday I was cooking the last lot.

Ho hum.

Entertainment: an interleaved conglomeration of "Ancient Aliens" on Blaze & a thing about Jimi Hendrix on Sky Arts.

Still haven't started cooking the needful doings.

Ho hum.

The bol and the chilli got cooked eventually.

Tea: spag with some fairly fiery bol, the remains of the fruit cocktail that's festered in the fridge for a week, some mango slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the thing on R4 at 20:00 Punt investigates or some such nonsense.

A thing on Smithsonian: Sacred Sites: about Apocalypse events, followed by a thing about Mass Extinctions, the KT boundary, asteroid impacts & all that.

"Dad's Army: Secret Lives & Scandals": amusing enough in its way.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2021, 23:09.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Very good night's sleep, complete with lie-in. I woke up just after seven out of habit, but dismissed the notion of getting up and went back to sleep. Occasionally surfaced briefly into consciousness after that, but carried on going back to sleep regardless until I awoke properly, around twenty past ten. And I feel much better for it

Grey day out, currently 18°C which is the high for the day, with a probable decline to 17° in the afternoon. Damp too, with frequent showers expected to last through to tomorrow. Barometers slightly up despite that, on 1008/1015mB

Comment

The rain started in spits and spots as I was approaching home, so I was pleased with my timing there.

I popped into Waitrose on my way home to pick up a John Lewis order. They have refurbished the store and changed the layout. It looks much better for it, I must say. However! They now have a 'click and collect' check in area as you walk in where you type in your order number onto a wee screen. The screen then says your order is being picked up from wherever they chuck them out back. I then wait for it to be brought to me. And wait a while longer. And longer. At 20 minutes I'm annoyed. I find an oik manning the self-service tills and discover that I'm supposed to collect from the opposite end of the store. "Where's the signage to tell me that?", I ask. "Oh, sorry." Harrumph. I duly stomp off to rear of the store and discover a trio of oiks standing around having a chat. I mention that I've been waiting at the other end of the store for my order because of their lack of signage. "Oh, sorry" is all I get with absolutely no sincerity at all. They have a big TV at the click and collect check in that they're using to advertise next day collections and bed linen but can't add a slide to the presentation to direct people to the right location. I'm assuming that directional instruction or signage doesn't meet with their brand guidelines.

Comment

Lunch: Cumberland sausages and thick-cut smoked back bacon on a buttered sesame bloomer toast sandwich

Raining steadily here at the moment

Comment

Sun's out. :
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Sun's out. :
                    Apparently it might come out here too… on Monday

Comment

When I went to Sainsbury's on Thursday I was able to get the storage jars that had been missing from my order the previous week. Now I need to work out which size would be best suited for the rather large quantity of lentils now in my possession; I bought a 1Kg bag of them despite having received a 500g bag (in place of a 1Kg bag) in that delivery, and then found I still had some in the cupboard

Comment

Working...
                      X