• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed Nick hope Mrs Fitz senior is ok.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Went round NGS garden with loony lady 2 and her sensible male friend then picked loony lady 1 up from the hospital. They couldn't find anything wrong with her. They could have saved time by asking me to diagnose her. She's loony.

Seriously, bodies can be strange. Once had pains in my gut for weeks and doctor found nowt wrong. Then I was driving home from work and the pain was so bad I had to pull over. Bent over swearing my head off and the pain went! Never came back. Not making it up! Another time I was watching TV and my vision went all blurred. Next morning all back to normal.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: a bowl of Scotch broth (couldn't fit it all in the freezer so it's been in the fridge and really needed to be eaten) with wholemeal bread. It's an exceedingly tasty batch of soup, that

Doesn't it get dark early now?

Comment

Evening all

It's been a showers - sunshine - showers day.

I didn't see much of it as have been poorly with one of the worst headaches I've had in a long time (not self inflicted). Only now starting to feel reasonable which means I probably won't sleep very well.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Smith and Wesson patent metal bullet cartridges for their revolver 1854

Comment

Discovered a new programme on R4 today. The Reunion, one aired earlier today and was a look back with key people about gay marriage coming into law.

I looked it up and discovered it has been running for years, covering some interesting topics. Have so far listened to ones on the finding of King Richard III, the Deepwater Horizon incident, and currently Madness (the band, not the condition).

If I hadn't been in my sick bed, I'd never have happened upon it.

Comment

There's been a lot of interesting stuff on The Reunion - I must go and have a listen. I always forget that good stuff like that is just sitting there on the website waiting for me to listen to it

Tonight's most important viewing was, of course, the new series of Monkey Life

And then I filled up the rest of the evening with mindless nonsense, specifically, some more of that thing with the bailiffs on My5

Another Monday tomorrow. Just realised that if there's no extension forthcoming for September, this gig finishes in three weeks - well, just over, as the contract end date is the end of August, which includes the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday.

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out

It's 14°C and maybe going to reach 21° this afternoon, but there might be a bit of rain too around lunchtime. Re-pressurisation is underway, currently at 1001/1009mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in not raining).

Damp (as in "heavy dew").

Sunny (in parts).

Blue sky with white/pink fluffy clouds.

Cooler at 19.3 deg in here (winter draws on).

1008 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine a bit dusty.

More odd dreams this morning.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Met the wife of a chap I worked with as she returned to the health centre.

Started raining about a minute after I'd changed clothes to do some gardening.

Twas ever thus.

It rained quite a lot but I picked up & disposed of 23 buckets of apples into the compost heap.

Knackered now.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:Car SOS: Lotus Talbot Sunbeam (perm any one of three).

Another 4 buckets of apples in the compost heap, making a total of 27 buckets today.

Much pruning & strimming undertaken.

How the feck do brambles grow ten feet in a couple or 3 months?

Entertainment now I'm knackered: Trucking Hell S3 E16.

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, some peach slices, a yog, & 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Washing up was interrupted by a Chinook passing overhead.

Entertainment: Discovering Jon Voight.

An amusingly little tale on BBC1 about corrupt venal ex PMs.

Some nonsense on ITV Wales about Police in North Wales.

Ghosts on BBC1.

Elementary S6 E12 "Meet your maker" being the slighly unlikely tale of home made M1911A1 handguns.

NCIS S17 E5: "Wide Awake"
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2021, 20:54.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Raining. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 21 later. Rain due to continue up to mid morning when the sun will come out for a few hours before the rain returns mid-afternoon. Thunderstorms this morning and this afternoon too, allegedly. The barometer has perked up a bit and is at 1010 mBar.

Managed to drag myself out of bed, still feeling groggy. I know a day in front of the computer is not really a good idea so will try and take it easy.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Swedish furniture brand 'Ikea' opens its first store in India, Hyderabad 2018

Comment

Morning all

CURRENT CONDITIONS
                      17.9 °C
                      WIND & GUST
                      5.0 / 5.6 km/h
                      DEWPOINT
                      13.8 °C
                      PRECIP RATE
                      0.00 mm/hr
                      PRESSURE
                      1,014.90 hPa