• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Blue sky is back, with some high level wispiness. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Cloud cover to increase as the day progresses with a high chance of rain overnight. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

Tired again this morning. Lots to do today to make it look like I've been productive all week. I seem to work the opposite to NF; it's a good job he's never had to suffer working with me

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Zion Harvey becomes the first child to receive a double hand transplant in Philadelphia 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Tired again this morning. Lots to do today to make it look like I've been productive all week. I seem to work the opposite to NF; it's a good job he's never had to suffer working with me
      This week's been a bit of an anomaly; usually, I tend to spend the earlier part of the week floundering around trying to work out what's going on, then finally get my head around it and get it sorted out in a rush at the end

Interestingly, when I started doing three-day weeks over in Cambridgeshire, I usually seemed to follow the same pattern. So I suspect it's the subconscious knowledge that I need to get it sorted out now or face coming back to it next week that promotes the sudden growth of understanding

Comment

I used to do the opposite at one place: I'd set up something for Monday so I could bear to go in there & do it when the time came and the telex machine was shining oh so very brightly.

Up later than NF again last night. I feel there's a disturbance in the force.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Reasonable temperature in here at 21.2 deg.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 64% RH.

Thursday judging by the racket the Waste Recycling & Disposal Engineers made on their rounds earlier.

Almost needed a touch of duvet last night. Brrrrr.

Walk walked (abbreviated).

Raised a blister this morning for some reason.

At 13:56 the temperature is 23 deg in here.

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup with some slightly blue Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (I may have to freeze half the loaf since it doesn't seem to keep as well as it used to), bramble jelly on apparently non blue bits of same, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Messerschmitt BF109 KR200.

I remember one of those around here somewhere, along with a BMW Isetta.

Stone me, they were still making the KR200 until 1964.

Trucking Hell S3 E9: no Rory!

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog or two. 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Maggie Smith: we've just go to "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie".

It rained a little just now, big fat drops. Then it stopped.

Now as grey as a 's arse.

Secret Nazi Bases on Yesterday: this one was about some SS castle and proved to be so inneresting I nearly fell asleep.

Skin A&E on 5*: pretty average selection of cysts and lipomas, though there was a lady with hypertrophic lichen planus which looked pretty unpleasant and got treated with subcutaneous injections of steroid, the first time she'd been offered that in 30 years or more, and it appeared to be effective.

The duvet has reappeared on the lower half of the bed.

In other other news, it's pissing down.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 July 2021, 21:31.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Almost needed a touch of duvet last night. Brrrrr.
          I chucked the summer duvet over the bed, and it was definitely the right decision

Comment

No duvet changes for me. I keep the same one on all year round and just tweak how much of it I use to cover me up.

If I get really chilly then the bed socks come out as I can't sleep if my feet are too cold.

Comment

Large bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes scoffed.

The portion was larger than I'd normally have but it was the end of the box and I didn't want to leave a paltry amount behind.

Comment

Shopping delivered but I now have to go out and get my own meat as the dates were short.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch

It continues sunny, but it ain't half windy out there today

Comment

Walked into town today to have lunch at The Three Kings Brasserie in Basel, to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary last week. The walk is about one hour. We had a table near the windows, overlooking the very full Rhein river.

Lunch was four courses:
                    Salade Nicoise; raw tuna, quail eggs and beans.
                    Chanterelles; Risotto, chanterelles, spring onions.
                    Surf and Turf; Blue steak, wild prawns and tomatoes.
                    (Well, wild prawn).
                    Framboise; Hibiscus, Fromage Blanc, Pistou.
                    We had alcohol free Erdinger wheat beer when we got there, and shared half a bottle of Moet with the meal.

It was all very pleasant.

Temperature 24.2 °C
                    Relative humidity 50%
                    Pressure 978 hPa

The Rhein is getting warmer. Currently 19.8°C. But far too full to swim in safely. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

This week's been a bit of an anomaly; usually, I tend to spend the earlier part of the week floundering around trying to work out what's going on, then finally get my head around it and get it sorted out in a rush at the end

Interestingly, when I started doing three-day weeks over in Cambridgeshire, I usually seemed to follow the same pattern. So I suspect it's the subconscious knowledge that I need to get it sorted out now or face coming back to it next week that promotes the sudden growth of understanding
                      Enthusiasm I have heard of it!

<rant>
                      oh my boss is a feckwit, another departure at work. Another excellent technical decision made if you want the project to fail

So now I am very motivated, I'm not sure if they work at it?
                      </rant>

And another two interviews today. Not going to jinx it but maybe I did ok. I have some homework to do a design for another opportunity to get to the fourth interview, slowly becoming a less popular option (it is in town not coding in my pants like the others) but its a great challenge.

Only a small 30+% pay rise on offer from all of them has anyone seen their rates go up loads recently?

Lunch was Mr V's Stilton & Broccoli soup, very nice.

There may be chocolate & beer later.
                      Last edited by vetran; 29 July 2021, 17:19.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X