• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blueish sky with high white cloud.

20.5 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 65% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Two hedges trimmed.

The self planted & extremely vigorous rose has been massacred which should keep in some sort of check for another year, though in two years it'll be back.

Some brambles cleared from next door's path to save the poor bloody postman from the thorns.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on nonblue Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Lotus Elise.

Well I've certainly got sommat in my eyes after that one.

At least she got to drive it a little.

The MOT ran out in 2019 so one assumes it's back in the shed.

Managed to strim the front lawn before the deluge began.

Either there's sommat wrong with my eyes or it's getting darker & darker.

And, with that, the deluge begins.

"They"'re replacing the tarmac on the road today.

Picked a fine day for it.

Not.

The rain it hammereth down, so I've closed the windows.

There's torrents flowing in the gutters of the road.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell: no Rory.

With dear Michael appearing for the first time.

And it's still pissing down, though not as heavily as earlier.

Tea: more of the roast lamb, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glenettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Helen Mirren.

I wonder if they'll include the film where she's Jason Statham's mum.

Oddly enough, they didn't.

Since it's sunny, more brambles were massacred, though they seem to have grown remarkably in the 4 weeks or so since last I did it.

The ash trees are going great guns too.

Might watch Elementary S6 E? if the fancy takes me.

Followed, since it's Monday apparently, by NCIS S17 E4 "Someone else's shoes".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2021, 18:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was a roast pork and apple sauce wholemeal bap

The forecast was this it would turn sunny this afternoon. Instead, it's raining, and so dark with low cloud that I had to put the kitchen light on to see what I was doing

Comment

Busy day! Much done and enough achieved that I can wing it tomorrow when I report in to the PM

Luckily, in my last update, I had rolled up the work I should have done in with a 'next step' that is due to be finished in August. Clever bunny I is.

However, I did get well into what I have been avoiding doing for the past couple of weeks and realised my thinking time was actually well spent as the approach I decided on while making the bed last night is spot on
          Last edited by ladymuck; 2 August 2021, 16:12.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It continues grey out, though not as dark as earlier and the rain cleared off several hours ago. So quite OK conditions for a walk

I had a moderately productive day in parts; I solved a couple of niggling problems, but I was a bit lacking in enthusiasm. But the product manager has to give a demo to The Stakeholders on Wednesday afternoon which may be the decider concerning a September extension, so we need to get some good-looking stuff done tomorrow and Wednesday morning

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

I've got a bunch of uncooked ribs in the freezer, thanks to Sainsbury's short dates on last week's delivery. Might do them with my fancy mango sauce later in the week

Comment

I was meant to trundle the recycling but it's raining so I will leave it to the morning. It's supposed to be dry by then.

I had to shut a window or two because the heating on I think I may reopen the living room one a bit though.

Comment

well the garden bin men came only 5 days late..

Just watched Guard of Auswitch - sadly too predictable.

Just started "I don't like Mondays" which looks interesting.. documentary / dramatised. Seems its all her fathers fault (according to the mother)
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

seems both parents were a bit tulip..

Comment

the rifle is technically impressive, the expert fires it with his finger tips.

Comment

Working...
                      X