• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Day 8 test result has just come in. The final one needed to keep the stazi off my case.

Negative, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      22.9 inside

31 outside

It's times like this that living in a basement flat is a good thing
      My old house (built in 1873) had an old cellar that we tanked out and renovated.

It was manna from heaven in the summer months, 10 degrees cooler down there. Slept like a baby.

Me and the wife certainly miss it now.

Sitting watching Bourne Ultimatum with a bourbon, cola and tons of ice with patio doors wide open. 29 degrees!

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 19 July 2021, 21:15.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Temperature outside's plummeted to 23°C now, and there's a light breeze sprung up. I'm pondering whether to go for my walk now; could be quite refreshing, or at least tolerable to a degree it wouldn't have been earlier, hence my not doing it
        And so it came to pass: walk briskly walked in the encroaching dusk, green and red rings closed, completing the set for today

I quite enjoyed it; down to 22°C out there by the end of it, which feels much fresher than in here where it's still only down to 27.2°, and an occasional light breeze to cool things down even further

Comment

No telly tonight apart from the usual bit of Traffic Cops whilst dining, as it's too hot to concentrate

Better get to sleep now I suppose, if I can. Quite annoyed to see that the temperature here in the living room, which had gone down to 26.8°, has gone back up to 27.1° despite the windows being open and a light breeze wafting the 21° air in from outside. Maybe my presence is warming it up

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start. Currently 19°C 20°C out there, 26.6° in the bedroom, 26.1° in the living room; and that after having left the windows open all night

Barometers down very slightly at 1012/1020mB, which probably isn't enough to be significant. Forecast is for 27°C by early afternoon, after which we have a 30%-70% chance of thunderstorms over the next few hours, then a gradual temperature decline through the evening that might, as yesterday, make it practicable to go for a walk after sunset

Comment

Morning.

Watched the ISS passing quietly overhead last night at 23:38 or so.

Remarkably good night's sleep considering the temperature.

Maybe I'm acclimatising.

Dry.

Sunny.

UnWet.

Warmer at 24.3 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 71% RH.

Tuesday apparently but who knows? It might be Thursday really.

I blame Julian & his calendar.

25.1 deg in here at 10:58.

24 deg in the salting house, I've just put some ply on the roof to see if that reduces the temperature it attains once the sun is doing its thing during the afternoon.

Haven't been asked to go shopping yet.

TV Times purchased from the subpostoffice up the road.

Dunno why, it's force of habit.

Sweating now after all that exertion.

25.4 deg in here at 12:07.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (new loaf: non blue version), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Strewth, it's a bit warm, Bruce.

25.7 deg in here at 13:03.

Entertainment: various bits of Engineering Disasters and Abandoned Engineering.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84% (84.06%).

Trucking Hell S3 E2: wherein Rory takes an ancient Bedford ex-army truck to an old people's home to show to a chap who'd driven one in the Libyan desert back in the early 1950s, a milk tanker artic that someone had parked in a field, and a refuse truck broken down on the M23 in a flood.

Thankfully Michael from Lantern free yet again.

Rory!

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Managed to scald my hand through an oven glove, much to my joy.

Entertainment: Discovering Joan Simmons on Sky Arts.

The Last Detective on Drama with that Peter Davison without his magic blue box.

27.2 deg at 20:09.

TLD was ok, made in 2003 alarmingly enough.

The adverts were amazingly irritating.

Thing about Bloody Mary on 5 Select. Class act that one.

Massive Engineering mistakes: Boston road tunnel epoxy bolt problem, Cleddau Bridge collapse 1970, Milwaukee bridge cracking, Spanish Taos dam failure after 22" of rain fell in a day and they couldn't open the spillway because the backup generator had been flooded.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2021, 22:12.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I think it's Tuesday today. Big mobile electrical thingy was towed up our road at 7 this morning. It's currently hooked into the local substation and chundering away. I'm guessing they're doing some kind of work that disconnects the substation from the main grid.

Noisy though.

Currently 17C and a little overcast. Expected to clear, and get to 26C later.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again. Currently 24 degrees, high expected of 28 later. Thunderstorms due from the 1500 hour onwards. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

Overslept this morning and woke up at 0825 (according to my alarm clock, which gradually gains time so it was nearer 0821). On my second coffee of the day, this one is being accompanied by a dark chocolate digestive.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Influenced by President Obama, commonly known as 'the Cuban thaw', the US resumes full diplomatic relations with Cuba 2016

Comment

Morning.

It is currently 25 degrees at the window and 27 degrees outside but my legs feel nice and cool under the desk as their appears to be a draft from somewhere.

Someone is running some noisy machine outside.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Too hot.

The work I need to do is complex so I can't be arsed but that's irrelevant as I've spent all morning help Eek Twin 1 prep for her apprenticeship interview presentation at 12 noon.

Its scary how few words you can say in 5 minutes (its 700 words or about a side and a half of A4).
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X