• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 degrees inside.

29 degrees outside.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      29 degrees inside.

29 degrees outside.

Same

Comment

22.9 inside

31 outside

It's times like this that living in a basement flat is a good thing

Comment

34 deg in the salting house.

I've just opened both doors instead of just the one.

<hiatus>

It's cooled down a bit.

33.9 deg now.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2021, 16:24.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I should have had more faith in the freezer - it'd sorted out the first batch of ice cubes in a few hours and the second batch look well on their way to being frozen, so at least my water is chilled now

The not-so-Big Chicken is now in the first stages of the process of becoming soup. Not sure exactly what kind of soup (other than chicken), but I can decide after the first round in the InstantPot™.

And with that done I suddenly remembered that the lightbulb in the kitchen gave up the ghost last night and I'd meant to pop over the road to the hardware shop for a new one, but had forgotten. So there's now a yellowish 60W-equivalent I had knocking around installed in there. Not satisfactory, but it'll do until I remember to head over and get a daylight 100W-equivalent

Not sure what to have for tea; I may even end up just having a bowl of whatever the soup turns out to be in the end. It's too hot to have much of an appetite

Comment

Whilst today's thunderstorms were cancelled, and pencilled in for tomorrow and Wednesday, a very brief shower has just occurred. A few big fat drop of wet stuff fell and then stopped almost as soon as I'd verified it was rain and not someone watering plants or peeing into my patio.

Comment

Went to Serbia (15 miles north of Belgrade) on Friday, to help some friends with their elderly parents). Dry during the day and most spectacular thunderstorms at night. (Which was great as it mean I didn't get a single mossie bite). Just got back. Great food, so much meat.

Last night we had Samar (pork mince with spices and rice, wrapped in pickled (salt) cabbage), with schnapps literally made from the grapes of the vine above the porch where we were eating. All homemade by our hosts. Because the host's wife doesn't speak English (though she understands it well enough to translate for her parents), we spoke German most of the time. A real first for me. In fact, our host translated into German for us, as he really is losing his English facility.

Just got back. Now eating a kind of non-salty, not quite crunchy pork scratchings. With schnapps. Hic.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Whilst today's thunderstorms were cancelled, and pencilled in for tomorrow and Wednesday, a very brief shower has just occurred. A few big fat drop of wet stuff fell and then stopped almost as soon as I'd verified it was rain and not someone watering plants or peeing into my patio.
                  We've got possible thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon, but only briefly, and they aren't predicted to do anything about lowering the temperature

Comment

Heard some loud thunder today. No rain on me fortunately.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup was what I eventually finished up making, so tea has been a bowl of that, with multiseed bread (not multisided, as autocorrect helpfully came up with at lunchtime)

Temperature outside's plummeted to 23°C now, and there's a light breeze sprung up. I'm pondering whether to go for my walk now; could be quite refreshing, or at least tolerable to a degree it wouldn't have been earlier, hence my not doing it

Comment

Working...
                      X