• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to drum up any enthusiasm this afternoon, possibly because until various questions are answered by other people, I don't have anything to do but write documentation

I'm knocking off now

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the baking (22°C) heat of the evening sun, green ring closed

There's a light breeze that helps, but still, the sooner we can get back to dull greyness the better

Comment

Dinner in the oven. I was somewhat dismayed to find the Big Chicken Sainsbury's sent me is not, in fact, Big. It's very slightly under 3lbs, which I would say is a Medium Chicken at best, and this despite me ticking the "Biggest chicken yet known to science" box. You can't trust those order pickers

Comment

ignore it and they will go away
          Usually true. When I've had lots of scams to my normal email account I just delete them and soon they stop coming. Not true with this old account I never bother to check for months, just keep pouring in.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea, then, was a roast chicken dinner, though with a chicken of comparatively diminutive stature. Still very nice though

Comment

Dinner was chicken with basil & tomato.

very nice.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing during and after dining was some more Traffic Cops

A new episode too! Don't get them very often

Early night now, in the vague hope that I'll have more enthusiasm for writing documentation in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A mostly grey start, which is a nice change

It's supposed to continue cloudy until this evening, but despite that will still be aiming to take the current 17°C up to 22°; barometers up a bit at 1014/1022mB. And the forecast is for a sunny weekend with temperatures soaring into the high twenties, so the summer duvet may yet get its moment

Comment

Morning all

Bright blue sky out there. Not a cloud to be seen (from my vantage point). Popped out to check on the plants and it's toasty. Apparently it's 19 degrees and will reach 23 later with cloud cover increasing. Slight chance of rain but it's very low. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Today is Day 5 of quarantine and I'm allowed out to get tested for early release. So that means a trip to Heathrow to the only 'test to release' provider that gives a same day result. HWMBO's kids also arrive (into Heathrow, which is handy) and so my little flat is going to become really rather crowded for the next few days. I may need to start drinking again.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Dutch painter Rembrandt is born in Leiden, Netherlands 1606

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Early night now, in the vague hope that I'll have more enthusiasm for writing documentation in the morning
                      Sub it out

AYCOTBAC?

Comment

Working...
                      X