• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment (continued): "The Dead Zone" with Christopher Walken and Herbert Lom on "Horror".

As someone once remarked: "Steven King has just justificed the Kennedy assassination".

It must be more than 30 years since I watched this last.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      All up to date on Strike.

Cider bubbling away in the kitchen

TFBSZ.
      Is that a new series? I thought I saw something about that the other day but thought it was just the Beeb advertising previous

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment (continued): "The Dead Zone" with Christopher Walken and Herbert Lom on "Horror".

As someone once remarked: "Steven King has just justificed the Kennedy assassination".

It must be more than 30 years since I watched this last.
        I watched it a few years ago; as I recall, it was pretty good

Gammon and veg are in the slow cooker, ready to be turned on before I go to bed, and the split peas are soaking.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Is that a new series? I thought I saw something about that the other day but thought it was just the Beeb advertising previous
          Most recent series is Lethal White - came out about a month ago.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Most recent series is Lethal White - came out about a month ago.
            Oh fab.

Comment

Back on the ST:TNG tonight with S4E24, The Mind's Eye (TV Episode 1991), in which Geordi's fancy glasses get taken over by the Romulans; and S4E25, In Theory (TV Episode 1991), in which a female crew member gets over a breakup by, not to put too fine a point on it, using Data as some kind of sex toy for a few days

And that brings me to the end of S4, other than the first part of the two-parter that takes us into S5

The slow cooker is on. I've put a fair bit more veg in this time, and will also be using more split peas and lentils. The last batch, it turned out that the quantity of gammon from one small joint was quite a lot for the amount of soup resulting, so as I can't make the slow cooker any larger, I've decided instead to make the soup much thicker and generate more portions, then dilute it for consumption. I reckon I should get at least eight or nine bowls out of it this time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

CBS in shiny sarf herts.
                  Tuesday
                  meh.
                  oh, happy equinox everybody

Comment

Morning all.

Clear blue skies at the moment. Currently 16 degrees with a forecast high of 24 later. 90% chance of rain this evening (early hours of tomorrow). Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

First coffee has been drunk. Second being contemplated.

I'm bored of working...

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, as befits the last sunrise of summer

Already up to 15°C out there, and forecast to reach 23° this afternoon; but autumn begins at 14:30 on the dot, and the rain will be being installed overnight

I was up betimes (for me) as the aroma of boiled gammon and veg filled the flat; in fact, it had been pervading all night. TBH it's not the greatest aroma on its own. A couple of times when I half-woke I thought that something like a chicken casserole would smell a bit nicer. But anyway, the gammon shredded really easily after eight or nine hours in there, and the veg blended well, so now the yellow split peas (soaked overnight) and red lentils have been added, and it's on for its last four hours or so. As forecast, it's extremely thick, so the yield should be good

Comment

Working...
                      X