• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea will be the defrosted lentil <pfffft> soup from last August according to the inscription.
    And nice enough it was, rather more lentily than the lentilless <pfffft> soup of the last batch I made.

Followed by orange segments & custard (just about right this time if a little on the thick side), 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

There's a blackbird singing his little heart out on the apple tree.

Spring must be springing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And the mundane laundry is on
      And the mundane laundry is done and on the airer. Another sterling effort by the washing machine!

Comment

Getting very grey out there now.

Apparently washing smalls at 40 deg C doesn't kill the bugs.

Ho hum.

Comment

Having weaned HWMBO off the Nintendo, we have watched BBC Four - Guitar, Drum and Bass, Series 1, On Bass... Tina Weymouth! after I made another negroni. Parts reminded me of my yoof standing next to the speakers at drum and bass nights. Sadly, not enough Roni Size for my liking.

Comment

Traffic outside hasn’t seemed to be greatly reduced from normal today. No Mad Max-style automotive monstrosities going past yet though, which is probably a good sign.

Comment

dinner has been steak pie, chips and peas.
              in an attempt an revitalisation after last night's shenanigans.

oh, and more Roija.

yet more murders in midsomer

Comment

its bleeding freezing, not helped by sitting on top of a shed bolting new roofing sheets on (after converting from a pent roof to a sloping one).

Now trying to do some finance reports i should have done on Friday but played with something else instead. Working from home is deadly you get some cool stuff done but you do get distracted.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Currently halfway through "Max Max: Beyond Thunderdome".

It really isn't very good.

FF has been employed in an effort to get through it quicker.

This is Not A Good Sign.
                  Also been looking on a map to find out where all the locations are.

Most of them are close to towns rather than the outback.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Currently halfway through "Max Max: Beyond Thunderdome".

It really isn't very good.

FF has been employed in an effort to get through it quicker.

This is Not A Good Sign.
                    Also been looking on a map to find out where all the locations are.

Most of them are close to towns rather than the outback.

M M has a particularly farfetched plot involving remote drones this episode, so i share your meh.

if that's possible.

in other news my mate's new drummer has been carted off in a tumbril
                    skiing hols in italy, fine when returned, 8 days later got sick, so the whole band had to isolate,now he's coughing up claret.

he's only 50-odd ffs.

my mate's had lot's of drummers, maybe he should call his band 'spinal tap'?
                    Last edited by BR14; 21 March 2020, 20:30.

Comment

That's Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome done & dusted.

Can't say I enjoyed it much.

Now watching "Death Sentence" being in essence "Death Wish" part II from the novel by Brian Garfield (who wrote the original Death Wish and Death Sentence because he was troubled by the results of the Death Wish film).

<hiatus>

Decided not to watch that after 6 minutes.

"Sister Act 2" didn't get further than 2 minutes.

Give up.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2020, 21:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X