• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been the last bit of chunky battered haddock, with chips and beans. Very nice

The Sainsbury's order has been amended to add some more. But the ones I'd got the last few times weren't available, so I had to go for some more expensive TTD ones. In fact, the whole frozen battered/breaded fish section of the website seemed a bit empty; probably evidence of the glorious benefits our fishing industry is reaping from current affairs

Speaking of reaping, the ham, pea and lentil soup has been harvested. One bowl set aside for tomorrow's lunch, and five more portions to go in the freezer after a little sojourn in the fridge. It tastes good, and I reckon will be very filling; lovely thick consistency

Comment

More Forensics: The Real CSI on iPlayer for tonight's "entertainment": the rest of Murder At The Party, and Fatal Weapon Unknown, which was a very unusual and interesting case

Honking and occasional bellowing outside. I have no idea whether this means they won the football game or lost it; nor do I particularly care so long as they shut up soon, as I'm tired and want to get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Apparently it'll be a day of light cloud and sunny spells today - well, out there it will. No idea what conditions will prevail in here

Currently 16° and intent on getting to 22°, no rain expected, and the barometers are shooting up at 1010/1018mB

Sainsbury's delivery will arrive between 11am and 12 noon. Good of them to arrange it for work time, rather than impinging on lunch. No substitutions - though I don't allow substitutions for the most part anyway, but also nothing unavailable

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. It's currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 expected.

Later we will be going up to Graham's Port Lodge for a very nice lunch at Vinium. We've done the tour and port tasting before so won't be doing that again (it's good but I don't fancy writing off the rest of the day).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Vermont introduces a new constitution making it the first US state to abolish slavery 1777

Comment

Apparently Engerland have had some success at something judging by the non stop crap emitted by the wireless during Today.

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Slightly warmer at 20.2 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, and 68% RH.

Thursday.

The Recycling Engineers took away my fine collection of tins, bottles, paper, and glass a little earlier.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In fact, the whole frozen battered/breaded fish section of the website seemed a bit empty; probably evidence of the glorious benefits our fishing industry is reaping from current affairs
            Wrong kind of fish, apparently. Which we don't eat & now we can't export, whereas the fish we do eat we don't catch.

Or something.

Joined up thinking, see.

How the feck we ever managed to rule a quarter of the world is, quite frankly, beyond belief.

Walk walked in the sunshine & humidity.

The clegs were out in force this morning in certain places.

Managed to kill several: attempt to suck my blood & find out what happens, mofo.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a bramble jelly blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Further gossip of my replacement in work: the original technician proposed was an existing chemistry bod who was supposed to split his time between the two labs.

The new plan is a chap who's spent the last 15 years fettling computers in first line support, though his knowledge of electrickery isn't great, at least he'll be there to dispense components to the Esteemed Customers as their demands require.

I wish him luck. It may be a steep learning curve.

Entertainment: The Repair Shop: clocking in clock, penny farthing, briefcase (lady member Institution of Structural Engineers),

Eumig 8mm projector, spinning wheel from Shetland, cane rocking chair.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84% (83.999%, yes, really).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some stewed gooseberries and custard (it's that time of year again again), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dirke Bogard.

Robert Mitchum (may have seen this before).

Secret Nazi Bases on Yesterday.

Just think: there must be a parallel universe wherein there were no Nazis and thus no Secret Bases.

What, therefore, might their television schedules look like?

Frightening, innit?

No Trucking Hell since it finished last week.

Skin A&E for more pustulent goodness, though nothing compared with Ye Giante Zit on Ronan's knee of yesterday's Dr Pimplepopper.

There was a thing about the Mosquito aeroplane but I found it less than gripping.

In other other news, it's plain that the Strangelove Jonah effect is still effective: the 3M factory in Gorseinon, once the producer of magnetic tapes, various & many adhesive tapes, nappy closures, and, when I worked there 40 odd years ago, had 1400 employees, is in 90 day discussions before closure.

With the loss of 100 jobs.

I'd better go down there & take a photo of the water tower before it's demolished.

Oh. no need:

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/3m...gorseinon.html

Originally posted by Talking Head
            Why did the US conduct Operation Crossroads in 1946?
            Well to find out WTF happens when you nuke a fleet of ships.

And to get rid of The Demon Core.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2021, 22:17.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

non stop crap
              yeh. football, football, football, football, ..... Even the local news is full of it.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

yeh. football, football, football, football, ..... Even the local news is full of it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sainsbury's delivery arrived a few minutes after eleven

Somebody is either unhappy in their work or merely unsuited for it; at least I assume so, given that they'd packed the eclairs on the bottom

It took me ten minutes to work out a way of cramming everything into the fridge and freezer

Well, not everything: there are bread and teacakes to fit in yet. And the bowl of soup set aside for today's lunch is now out on the side, as it doesn't really matter if it spends an hour or so warming up from fridge temperature

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Wrong kind of fish, apparently. Which we don't eat & now we can't export, whereas the fish we do eat we don't catch.
                    Line-caught, but there were leaves on the line

Comment

ladymuck How long are you over in Portugal? Looks like you won't have to quarantine when you return if you can stay there until the 19th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173

Comment

Working...
                      X