• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO did pick up mint and we're on cocktail #2.

Final prep for holiday done, in that tests have booked for our return and exit from quarantine.

Comment

Crappy walk today. At one point path was completely overgrown with nettles. Managed to get through only to find I'd lost me sunglasses yet again and had to go back through the nettles. Found the sunglasses but my elbow still hurts from all the stings 6 hours later.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Going out with loony lady 2 tomorrow, loony lady 1 is visiting her sister.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Friday tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with chips, fried onions and beans. Absolutely delicious

Still at 19°C out; but the rain is expected to arrive with the dawn tomorrow, and there's even a chance of thunderstorms in the evening

Comment

A bit of Trucking Hell was watched whilst dining, as is traditional.

Then tonight's major motion picture premiere was Rambo (2008). Very and graphically violent, but at least they didn't muck around too much setting up the story and then kept it moving for the duration

Early(ish) night again now, in the vague hope I'll feel yet better, or maybe even back to normal, tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Damp.

Dreary.

Close.

Heavy.

Slightly cooler in here at 21.7 deg today.

1007 mBar, 29.73 in Hg, 67% RH.

Saturday judging by the waffling of the wireless.

Will this endless joy continue unabated?

One was innerested to observe that STTMP, The wrath of Kahn, The search for Spock, and The voyage home graced our screens yesterday.

Today much of the rest of the oevre is gracing screens, including "Insurrection" which is the one I haven't got and is holding up my viewing.

Once that's out of the way it's full speed ahead to the reboot crap (though the reboot with Real Spock is worth a look).

<hiatus>

Sun's out. That'll make it even sweatier.

Ho hum.

Walk walked in the drizzle.

Nice enough if you like that sort of thing.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower an spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun's out again.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 84% (83.98%).

Tea: spag with fiery bol, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie.

Entertainment: a thing about tanks on PBS.

Queen live at the Rainbow Theatre in 1974 on Sky Arts.

STNG "Insurrection on Film 4.

Which was unexpectedly enjoyable.

I had little or no recollection of any of it apart from the cloaked bit at the very beginning.

Now: the last 10 minutes of "The house on 92nd street (1945)", an epic which bigs up the Feebs.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2021, 21:10.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another good night's sleep. I awoke a few times quite early, between half six and half eight; I almost got up at half seven, but decided as it's Saturday, I should take the extra hour

Still feeling a bit less than 100%, but better than I was earlier in the week; slowly but steadily seems to be the name of the game with whatever foul illness afflicts me

The rain arrived with the morning; it's 16°C out, grey, damp, and although it's not raining right now, it's due to start again soon and will be a regular thing for much of the day. Barometers distinctly down at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning all

Bright but overcast, dry at present. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected later. Yesterday forecast today would be rain all day. That's been revised down to rain likely up to the 1300 hour and then sunshine after. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Just doing our final hoop jumping to get away on Sunday. Got to upload a couple of documents before we can check in.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  'Tinker Bell' makes her first flight from the top of Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World in Florida 1985

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce on a wholemeal bap for lunch

Comment

Warm and sunny here.

This guy, Joe Lee Wilson, lived in the apartment block my parents live in. He sang this at my father's 70th.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X