• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out and got wet but not as wet as two female dog walkers who didn't go out with rain coats.

I went to 3 supermarkets and none had a pint of milk.

I could buy 2,4 and 6 pints in two supermarkets and 4 and 6 pints in the other. Went to a corner shop with my shopping and purchased a pint of milk.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Watching S4E11 and Merrie is on the A24 at Holmwood, near Dorking, where I drive through on my way to/from the parentals.

Knowing how I hurtle down that 50mph stretch of well maintained dual carriageway, she was quite brave to get started instead of waiting for the cops to finish their doughnuts and turn up.

Comment

Tea has, thanks to the vagaries of use by dates, been a roast pork loin dinner; and exceedingly nice it was

Accompanied, as so often, by a bit of Trucking Hell, including that lorry stuck on a bollard down ladymuck's neck of the woods

Comment

Feeling somewhat less debilitated than I did at the start of the day, but still pretty tired, so an earlyish night it is

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, 13°C now with 19° predicted as the high point around teatime, barometers not much changed at 1010/1017mB

Still not feeling 100% despite a good night's sleep

Comment

Morning all

It's a dull, grey day out there this morning. Dry at present. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Unlikely to rain but it ain't gonna be sunny either. Barometer up a smidge to 1016 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              London's 'Tower Bridge' across the River Thames is officially opened by Albert, the Prince of Wales 1894

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Warmer at 20.9 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 68% RH.

Wednesday apparently, but WTF knows any more?

Reasonable night's sleep though the final dream was odd, being strangely military, maybe it was caused by the short section of "Mash" and "The Great Santini" on "Discovering Robert Duvall".

Anyway, I was glad to wake up to discover it was 08:39.

Abbreviated walk walked in the sun & heat & humidity.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (thick crust version since it's a small loaf), bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Another Freecell disaster: 85%, running average 84% (I didn't bother working the real figure out, should have quit when it was 89%, before it dropped to 77% a bit later. ).

Tea: I couldn't be arsed to extract anything from the freezer so it'll be something out of a can.

The something out of a can was consumed with microwave rice, some more mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Haven't done the something out of a can with rice thing for a long time, so it made a pleasant change.

Entertainment: Discovering Jack Nicholson on Sky Arts.

Followed by something else to relieve the endless ennui and existential angst.

As it turned out, it was "Paris Texas (1984)" with Natassja Kinski, Dean Stockwell (sans the green hair), and Harry Dean Stanton (sans the lawnmower).

It's very long.

As in interminable.

It's 2 hrs 18 mins which makes 138 mins by my calculations, whereas the box says it's an even more interminable 147 mins, while the septics reckon it's a mere 150 mins.

It got paused at 1 hr 38 so I could watch Dr Pimplepopper and the last ep of "Detonators".

Only half an hour left.

25 mins now.

12 mins.

9 mins.

8 mins.

0 mins.

Feck me I'm glad that's over.

I think I watched this "epic" in the Studio Cinema in Swansea on the other side of time.

I wonder if it seemed as long & slow back then.

Oddly enough, they didn't mention "Joe Kidd (1972)" in yesterday's review of the highlights of Robert Duvall's career.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2021, 22:30.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Given the lurgy, I decided to pop around the corner to a chemist's (not the usual one, even though it's a lot closer) and got some of them there lateral flow home test kits for the infamous disease. Bit of in throat and nostril later, I'm waiting for the result to develop

Comment

Came back negative. Of course, the thing with those tests is that if they're positive, you can be reasonably certain you've got it; but if they're negative, you can't be reasonably certain you haven't

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      a chemist's (not the usual one, even though it's a lot closer)
                      By which I meant that the one I went to today is a lot closer than the usual one, not that the usual one is a lot closer. I know how important it is to avoid ambiguity in TPD

Comment

Working...
                      X