• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

20.1 deg in here, cooler out.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the pleasant greyness.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Rough vaccing done.

I'm amazed I found sufficient motivation to bother.

Even moved some stuff to vac underneath it.

<hiatus>

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, some tinned pears, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Leslie Caron on Sky Arts.

In Search of Mediaeval Britain on PBS: the one about Whales.

Secrets of New York on Smithsonian: the Highline elevated railway, the pneumatic mail system, the origin of the steam heat system from Con Ed, Typhoid Mary.

NCIS S16 E21: "Judge, Jury...". Tedious courtroom drama, with McGee off on an interview with some Silicon Valley tech business.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2021, 20:19.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Morning.

The binmen have decided a 6.30am pick up is not needed so are doing the bins now.

I've been told by various weather apps that it is between 19 and 23 degrees. With a high of 28 degrees. I need to pour water on some plant roots before the sun gets to them.

Currently in a meeting which people keep joining and leaving.
      7:15 am they decided to pick up the neighbours skip. Obviously the junior driver it sounded like a baby's rattle.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The recycle binmen are here.

The refuse men came around 9am.

They are all sunburnt.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch, hastily guzzled half-before and half-during a meeting about what needs to be done for go-live next Monday

Comment

Links are finally up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch, hastily guzzled half-before and half-during a meeting about what needs to be done for go-live next Monday
              it's been postponed for a month. you can relax

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's clouded over out now, though not in an ominous way. And there's a nice breeze, so it was quite pleasant out there

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

it's been postponed for a month. you can relax
                  I'm hoping for a further month and a bit after that, just to ensure I never have to go into the office at all before this gig finishes at the end of August

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm hoping for a further month and a bit after that, just to ensure I never have to go into the office at all before this gig finishes at the end of August
                      They want us all back 3 days a week apparently. Strange there weren't enough parking spaces before we closed the other offices not sure where they are magicking the others from. The big problem is they haven't actually worked out what they lost due to lockdown or how to fix it.

Apparently new staff didn't meet the right people and informal discussions are not taking place in the cafeteria. I may be unreasonable but the first is down to their managers the second is a worry if you actually only run your business at the water cooler.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X