• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

New series?
    No, season ten - I think they're up to thirteen now. But they'll probably work their way through to it; that's what they did last year IIRC

Comment

Another Sunday of guzzling snacks from time to time, so tea has just been a bowl of chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

That's the last of that very nice soup, but as I roasted a Big Chicken on Friday, I'll get some more made tomorrow or Tuesday

Comment

Can't get over the rates that Giggly thinks are too low. WTF?

Just as well he's not contracting in engineering then.

What channel is this Monkey thing on then?

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Can't get over the rates that Giggly thinks are too low. WTF?

Just as well he's not contracting in engineering then.

What channel is this Monkey thing on then?

Pick, when it's on

Times vary a bit, but this week it was from one to four.

Comment

It brightened up a bit here towards the end of the day, and there's a nice just-turned-gibbous moon out

Summer Solstice in the morning

Evening telly has been some Trucking Hell just to pass the time. Now, an early night so I can make an early start on client work, which in turn means I'll have some time to sort out tomorrow's links before teatime

Goodnight all

Comment

Happy Summer Solstice, denizens

It's cloudy with little gaps out, meaning the level of illumination goes up and down slightly on a fairly short cycle, like a rather sedate lightshow. Currently 12° with 17° possible by lunchtime, but cooling down again in the afternoon with a chance of showers around teatime; barometers on 1005/1013mB, which I think is up very slightly

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast, with some light drizzle. Currently 12 degrees with a forecast high of 14. Rain expected all day. Barometer up a touch to 1010 mBar. Not weather befitting a solstice but I suppose those loons down at the 'henge are impervious to such mundane considerations.

Having a quick coffee and then taking the car to the garage for its MOT.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The first 'Ferris Wheel' opens to the public at the 'Chicago Columbian Exposition' 1893

Comment

My right ear, which is the one with the more severe wax problem, is feeling very blocked today. I'm hoping this means the olive oil spray is doing its job of loosening the wax

And the mundane laundry that I forgot to do at the weekend is on

Comment

Car has been successfully dropped off. Brisk walk back home in the rain.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.7 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 67% RH.

Monday.

Have a feeling that the telex machine is very very shiny this morning.

Walk walked.

It's quite chilly out there but I'm sweating now I've come back inside.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons oat and barley toast, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "IWM: The True Glory (1945)".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038192/

House roughly vacced with little enthusiasm.

Entertainment: "Farewell my lovely (1944)" with Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, Anne Shirley, and Mike Mazurki.

Tea: more of the meh roast beef which proved to be as meh as before, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Montgomery Clift.

Five minutes of a thing about the invasion of Crete which got switched off since it seemed a little too enthusiastic about the Nazi parachutists.

A thing about Secret San Francisco. No mention of Dirty Harry.

NCIS S16 E22 "... and executioner", being the continuation of last week's ep.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 June 2021, 22:04.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X