• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smalls have been laundered and hung up.

Towels coming up to their final spin.

The knife sharpening shop is not open today, I looked them up rather than go outside into the blistering sunshine, so I will have to pop up during the day tomorrow.

Comment

Mundane laundry done

Well, partially; I'd left it for so long that it would have completely filled the washing machine, and I vaguely remember the instructions saying you shouldn't do a full load on the Time Saver program, so I've done half of it and will do the other half tomorrow

Comment

Afternoon!

Well, I’ve just completed my first Slow Ways route survey between Ilkeston and Beeston; all 8 miles of it (the website said 7.2 miles but my Garmin track said 8).

I’m now going to sit in the garden with a cold beer and write it up. ?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Warm out there this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Afternoon!

Well, I’ve just completed my first Slow Ways route survey between Ilkeston and Beeston; all 8 miles of it (the website said 7.2 miles but my Garmin track said 8).

I’m now going to sit in the garden with a cold beer and write it up. ?
            I just looked that up as I'd not heard of that before. Seems like a worthy and interesting past time!

Comment

Happened upon this from the BBC Archives on iPlayer: A City Crowned with Green. A very scathing view of the sprawl of London by architectural critic Reyner Banham first aired in 1964. Odd accent, sounds like he's got a Oz/Kiwi twang but apparently was from Norwich.

Comment

Tea has been pork chops, chips, peas and gravy. Lovely stuff

One I like from the BBC Archives is Streetwise, from the documentary series Modern Times, about the Public Carriage Office and the people attempting to pass The Knowledge to become London cabbies

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a bit of Trucking Hell whilst dining, then continued with…

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  One I like from the BBC Archives is Streetwise, from the documentary series Modern Times, about the Public Carriage Office and the people attempting to pass The Knowledge to become London cabbies
                  …as it's been a few years since I last watched it; it's quite fascinating and very entertaining

Early night now as it's back to the fray tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

Temperature 13.5 °C
                    Relative humidity 58%
                    Pressure 980 hPa

High today of 25.

This evening, Mrs NAT and I are going to the sauna, as they're opening for the first time in six months.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Very sunny start, already up to 12°C and heading for 24°; barometers on 1007/1014mB which is down a little

Comment

Working...
                      X