• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all!

Temperature 4 °C
    Relative humidity 95%
    Pressure 948 hPa

Actually, probably a bit colder, as the base station is 300m below where we are. We were planing on taking mountain trains to Scheidegg and walking down to Wengen - but that's not going to be possible, as the hiking trail, at least at the top, has about 2m of snow covering it so impossible to follow. Instead, we'll walk from Lauterbrunnen up to Wengen. A climb of 470m (1500 feet). The plan is to pick up a take away curry and get the train down to Lauterbrunnen, and then to our holiday home.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Signs of damp from overnight rain but no active precipitation. Blue skys with fluff floating about and sunny. Currently 6 degrees with forecast high of 13, unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

I was getting up (well the alarm was trying to rouse me) shortly after NF went to bed I see. Off to that Glasgow this morning. It's currently 3 degrees up there with a forecast high of 11. Also low chance of rain. That I know to be a lie as it's Glasgow.

What I do like about the pandemic is getting from my home to being served an orange juice in the First lounge in 40 minutes.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Dian Crump becomes the first woman jockey to ride in the Kentucky Derby 1970

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold. 16.4 deg in here earlier.

CBS.

1020 mBar, in Hg, 53% RH.

Sunday.

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Lunch: roast chicken with bacon & sausages, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The sausages were meh, unlike the cumberland or whatever I normally find reduced, other than that it wasn't bad.

Off out for a walk with a friend this afternoon.

She was going to cycle across but decided the car might be better.

Oh good, now I'll be singing Lillibullero all afternoon.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the gradually gathering gloom.

Not exactly warm, though the sun was pleasant in places.

Didn't realise that geocaching was quite such a thing.

Who'd have thunk it.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli along with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other other news, the plant I identified as a "cuckoo-pint" transpired to be a "cuckoo-pint".

I have no idea how I knew that but there you go.

It also transpires that the spike of red berries in the autumn is the fruitingbody of same.

All of it is toxic, some of it very, though one can, if desperate, cook & eat the root.

I think I'll pass on that for now.

Entertainment: TBD.

Turned out to be some little known film "Episode IV: A new hope".

It was ok in its way but rather overly familiar.

I vaguely recall seeing it along with Episodes V & VI about 30 years ago.

I shall celebrate the BH by listening to the commentary tomorrow.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2021, 21:45.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The trip to HWMBO's has been successfully and uneventfully completed. At the moment it's bright, dry and sunny but there's a grey tint to the cloud. Chance of rain today remains but tomorrow it's due to rain all day by the looks of it.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

The now-standard routine of a sunny start turning cloudy persists, though today it's 12°C and on target for a high of 13°, with no rain expected

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Didn't realise that geocaching was quite such a thing.

Who'd have thunk it.
              I know mudskipper is into it

Comment

Sausages and bacon sandwiched in sesame bloomer toast; very tasty

I cooked them in the air fryer, just to see how well it did. Very well, it turns out, though I could have probably put the bacon in a bit sooner as it's thick-cut and takes longer, so the sausages were slightly overdone. Still, I'll know for next time

Comment

HWMBO is cooking dinner. We got one of the last series of cook at home boxes from Lyle's as they're stopping the service once they're allowed to reopen properly in a couple of weeks. A shame as the food has been excellent (it's lobster and quail today) but I'm happy to have had the experience and have eaten more of their food over lock down than I would have done in normal times.

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for tea

Comment

Tonight's entertainment, apart from some Trucking Hell whilst guzzling soup, was a now-in-4K special: The Dam Busters (1955). You probably know what it's about

This version, as well as having excellent picture quality, came with a brief note before it started explaining that some of the language used is considered rather unacceptable nowadays, but it had been left in to be faithful to the original film; this is, of course, referring to the dog's name. A better approach IMHO than when C4 took to cutting said dog's name out, which rather messes the story up given that it's also the codeword for a successful mission

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X