• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Currently watching S3E1 of Trucking Hell. Am very confused that they're putting lithium battery fires out with water
    From what I understood it's not so much putting out as cooling it down to stop thermal runaway.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I agree with NAT
    Scary, innit.

In other queries, WTF is NODE 0?
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2021, 18:17.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I did fathom that in the end but it still feels risky if you're not sure that the batteries aren't punctured. Maybe the talk about "oh this one is intact" or some such was just for the cameras in the expectation that most people wouldn't think it odd they're spraying water over a potentially punctured lithium battery.

Comment

Sunny evening now. It looks nice, but apparently it's a bit on the chilly side

Likely to rain for much of the coming week though

Comment

Tea has been Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Comment

Nice not-far-off-full moon out there tonight

Comment

A bit of Trucking Hell watched, including Marta in a wrecker rather than a low loader rescuing a stranded lorry from the business park just the other side of Sainsbury's

Early night now, ready for the morrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Likely to rain for much of the coming week though
                Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday.

That's less than half.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Temperature 5.4 °C
                  Relative humidity 60%
                  Pressure 979 hPa

Expected to reach 18 today.

Had my birthday celebration at my son's place last night. Two one-metre pizzas. They messed up the order a bit and swapped on of ours for someone else's. They did phone to apologise and the replacement was very tasty anyway. No price difference, so we accepted what we'd go. Plenty of beer, wine and good whisky, so a bit foggy this morning. We played House of Games, with buzzers made from wood and foam and electronics bits. My daughter won. My wife and I were joint last.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of a cloudy start, though not frosty: currently 6°C heading for 13°, barometer down slightly at 1015/1022mB

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday.

That's less than half.
                    From tomorrow to a week on Wednesday here, that being as far ahead as the prognostication goes

Comment

Morning all

Forgot to actually look out of the window. Hang on...

<hold music>

Mostly cloudy with bits of blue poking through. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 12 or 13 later. Cloud cover to mostly clear away as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1023 mBar.

Went to bed with a headache. Woke up without one so that's a good start to the day. I had a very peculiar dream which I wanted to try and remember to share but sadly it's completely gone.

Today's Kantar dairy fact is:
                      2nd Lieutenant William Rhodes-Moorhouse becomes the first airman to win the Victoria Cross 1915

I feel "win" is the wrong word here. I think "receive" would be better. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that one goes into battle thinking it's a competition for who can get the best medal at the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X